Is it wrong to feel this way??

white ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On sunday we went riding up at adams plateau. We unloaded at 1km which we have done now for the last month or so. There was 2-3 inches of fresh snow, We were the first guys up there that day. We eventually made it to the first cabin as we took a long round about way in through the trees.
When we got there we noticed 3 gas cans dropped off and no one in sight or ear shot. so we went in hoping that they got the stove going, sweet...
But no, they hadn't. no big deal,we got a rip roaring fire going in no time and hung up our already wet gear. about 20 minutes later a group of 8 or 9 sleds pulled up to the cabin and slowly started to make there way in. Honestly, I like to greet and meet people out there as we did that day.
But quickly I noticed these guys were a little different. They walked in with little more than a grunt hello, left the door to the cabin open and began hanging up thier gear around and on top of our gear.. I got up and moved my stuff out of the way. I was a little annoyed but no big deal. just then 2 other guys showed up that we knew. so we packed our stuff up and told the fellow sledders to have a good day and we left.
On the way down at the end of the day I notice wheel ruts on the road at about 10km. I was a little pissed at that but again no big deal. Well we got down to 7 km and it was a mess. I guess they had all drove up to that point with trucks and trailers. the road was f***** up! well we kept heading down and we caught up to them at 6 km and they had a truck in the ditch stuck facing up hill with a big enclosed trailer attached. I guess they had tried to turn around at the end of the day and got stuck doing it.... Normally I would have stopped and maybe helped out some how. but they were all there with several vehicles and honestly I was thinking as I rode by, figures and serves you right !!!!!
Is it wrong for me to feel that way??

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
NO,, I would feel the same way,,,,, even better would have been if you stopped and politely mentioned its not the best spot for your truck but that sounds easy and usually turns into a chit show,,, but really some peeps just dont understand and really dont know... yah its stupid but they think their all alone or something

just like riding a trail some people REALLY dont know you shouldnt blast the throttle on every corner their just so gitty lol

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was up there the weekend before and there were a few guys that went up to 5km. I was done by 3km, I am a firm believer in using your toys not abusing your pickup. I can't believe they drove in that far with trailers the road is not plowed at all, serves them right. The trail in is pretty whooped out but jesus running your trucks up it sure don't help. Was this on the gravel pit road?

white ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was up there the weekend before and there were a few guys that went up to 5km. I was done by 3km, I am a firm believer in using your toys not abusing your pickup. I can't believe they drove in that far with trailers the road is not plowed at all, serves them right. The trail in is pretty whooped out but jesus running your trucks up it sure don't help. Was this on the gravel pit road?

yes it was the pit road.

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It always amazes me when people push their trucks so high up roads. My sled handles snow, even the hard packed crap, way better than my truck. Why drive a truck at 20km/h when a sled can go 40km/h?

08154XP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a similar experience at quartz this passed weekend. Got to the turn off and trucks are backed up to the road. Apparently someone had jackknifed his trailer in the middle of the road and could not get turned around so i calmly got out of my truck to go see what was happening. When i got back to my truck there were five or six guys that had somehow burried their chevy in the ditch and were good and stuck. They politely asked if i could give them a pull and after giving it a couple of really good tugs he had him out, they were gracious and thanked me, so all good there. Guy with truck in trailer still jack knifed and so i thought i would go see if i could give him a hand as well because the helpers he had were not doing much good. Wife was yelling at the husband and the kids did not really have the experience to let the dad know what he needed to do to get out. Anyhow managed to get him unstuck and straightened out and not one thanks or even a waive. They even came and parked beside me once they were turned around and not even a nod or nothing. Anyhow that is my rant. Just goes to show you some people care about helping others out and some dont. Cant blame you for not stopping either as if the guy got stuck again i would not have helped him out again, once was enough.

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a similar experience at quartz this passed weekend. Got to the turn off and trucks are backed up to the road. Apparently someone had jackknifed his trailer in the middle of the road and could not get turned around so i calmly got out of my truck to go see what was happening. When i got back to my truck there were five or six guys that had somehow burried their chevy in the ditch and were good and stuck. They politely asked if i could give them a pull and after giving it a couple of really good tugs he had him out, they were gracious and thanked me, so all good there. Guy with truck in trailer still jack knifed and so i thought i would go see if i could give him a hand as well because the helpers he had were not doing much good. Wife was yelling at the husband and the kids did not really have the experience to let the dad know what he needed to do to get out. Anyhow managed to get him unstuck and straightened out and not one thanks or even a waive. They even came and parked beside me once they were turned around and not even a nod or nothing. Anyhow that is my rant. Just goes to show you some people care about helping others out and some dont. Cant blame you for not stopping either as if the guy got stuck again i would not have helped him out again, once was enough.
Had a simular thing happen at allen a few years ago, a young fellow going down came around one of the switch backs and hit the gas. He landed about 60' down and about 20 sleds stopped to help his group out , at the end we pulled the sled up and all the guys that went down to help. Not one of the group said thanks and if that was me I would have said the first round at the bar was on me.But I guese u can't teach peaple maners or how to be polite.

Top Bottom