Is it starting to snow yet at Quartz or Silent Pass??

SnoPro_78

Reaction score
First trip planned for Nov.11 Last year was wicked.No base but fun as hell only guys that didnt have fun were the non turbo 4strokes. Despratley wanting an update on conditions out in Quartz or Silent Pass. Thanks guys. I'll keep doing my snow dance.:beer:

Pro-Am Chris

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
My buddie was in Quartz or somewhere close to Golden anyway, yesterday. Still needs more snow. But there was enough to ride up and take a look around.

GSR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That wasn't Quartz. It was west of golden on Privateer Ridge. On the way to chatter.
It was NOT good to go and we got lucky we didn't hit rocks. It seems like there should be more snow closer to Rogers Pass (ie. Quartz Creek) but it is still thin and I wouldn't ride in there yet unless you like front end rebuilds. There is another system rolling in later this week.
Maybe by next weekend it might be worth a look. System looks heavy, but we'll see!!
Soon boys and girls! Soon!

Guest101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Promised land!!!!!!!!!! NIce work boys!!:beer::beer:

Pro-Am Chris

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Didn't think it looked like Quartz. Either way keep dancing everyone and the snow gods will listen.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I usually use the Kicking Horse conditions as a base reference for Golden for any recent systems.

In the past 48 hours they are reporting 50cms of snow fall. 2 days ago it showed 12-14 cms of snow at the snow stake, today it shows over 50cm. That amount takes into account the snow settling.

Aaron is one lucky SOB to get out already!

SnoPro_78

Reaction score
Wicked!!! Looks like a guy might have to do a few grass pulls this weekend. Get her warmed up and excited to eat snow next thurs. :beer: cheers all:beer::beer:

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
AHHHH,, I have tomorrow off but it sounds just a bit too thin,, ohh so close..

next weekend it is I guess..

thx for the vid

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Didn't think it looked like Quartz. Either way keep dancing everyone and the snow gods will listen.

I was thinking the same thing. You wouldn't be able (at least it wouldn't be fun) to get into the alpine at Quartz on a foot of now! Some parts looked like Hope to me but other parts didn't.

Top Bottom