? is a M1000 turboed good or ?

freehand

Reaction score
Hi everyone I am looking to buy a turboed sled I have a lead on a M1000 turboed I have heard they could be problems with the larger motor having trouble with the air to fuel changes apperently messing up the sleds performance ? any feed back Thanks

P_ZIZZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have heard that with the 1000 you need to get some head work and some port changes done to make them work right. Twisted turbo does this with the kits they sell but no ther companies do that I am aware of. brent linderman from arctic edge gave me this info when I was looking at turbo kits.

new24stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have heard that with the 1000 you need to get some head work and some port changes done to make them work right. Twisted turbo does this with the kits they sell but no ther companies do that I am aware of. brent linderman from arctic edge gave me this info when I was looking at turbo kits.

Ovs has the turbo porting as well. It is done with the kit I just bought. Should have it all done by next month

storch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine works great, mountain magic set-up. seen lots that don't. Always
ask yourself if works great why are they selling it??????

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine works great, mountain magic set-up. seen lots that don't. Always
ask yourself if works great why are they selling it??????

Is this comment from experience?

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is a really long debated subject. Have had the opportunity of seeing many of these kits, some work some work with some changes. What i have found successful is a single high volume fuel pump, a QUALITY pressure regulator is CRITICAL, good clutching as always with any sled and a well thought out charge tube and blow off valve. Have seen some kits with aerocharger turbos that when the pipe is adapted to the turbo housing there is some porting required to get rid of a nasty restriction which i will post pictures of. Now as far as head and cylinder mods go is there better than stock your damn straight especially for anything over 8lbs boost. IMO if you want to get the MOST out of your turbo investment i highly suggest anything but just a pump gas kit which at the very least will require a head modification. Just my opinion

Deano

MAD MOTORSPORTS

Attachments

• DSC03146.jpg
    DSC03146.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 92
  • DSC03150.jpg
    DSC03150.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 92
  • DSC03170.jpg
    DSC03170.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 88