Interview with hydro

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got an interview with hydro for an underground locate rep position, jw if you guys have any tips for me.

I have googled and gone over 'common hr questions' enough to make myself familiar with them

Thanks,

Gavin

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have heard it is a panel interview with random questions, stay calm and tell them what they want to hear

btcowboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most companies have gone to behaviour based interviews. In the old style interview you would be asked a question like, what would you do if you seen someone stealing at work? This is a pretty easy answer to keep them happy, I would inform my supervisor. Now in a behaviour based interview the question would be tell me a time when you were at work and seen someone doing something unethical, tell me what it was, what you did and what the outcome was. This is not as easy to answer as the old interview style. It gives the interviewer a truer view of your competences.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most companies have gone to behaviour based interviews. In the old style interview you would be asked a question like, what would you do if you seen someone stealing at work? This is a pretty easy answer to keep them happy, I would inform my supervisor. Now in a behaviour based interview the question would be tell me a time when you were at work and seen someone doing something unethical, tell me what it was, what you did and what the outcome was. This is not as easy to answer as the old interview style. It gives the interviewer a truer view of your competences.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Any recent interviews I've been in are behavioural based. It can be pretty tough to remember a situation where their outlined scenario happened. I try to incorporate situations from all aspects of my life, not just work. A lot if it can come from interactions with peers on things like sports teams or high risk activities out sledding.

Good luck.

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I heard they would behavioral based also, thanks for the replies!

Top Bottom