Interesting Poop and Dead things

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When we venture out into the woods the kids learn alot from the dead things and poop that we find on the trail. Here are some recent pics. We were wondering if anyone knew what the skull was. We were thinking Elk?....
I have poop pictures on the other computer that are very interesting. Hope you can share. No people poop please, no matter how interesting it may be.:p:d
The skull was cool, as there were still beetles feeding on the flesh.

Looks like this mud hen bit it just before we arrived at the lake today. Kids found her feet very interesting. Check out the colors.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In my avi I am cleaning fish and making a OOOOOOOOOOO face. This is why. Inside this perch was a treasure box of dead things. Worms, snails, little fish, and an unidentified crawly thing

IMSICK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
backcountryrebels.com
When we venture out into the woods the kids learn alot from the dead things and poop that we find on the trail. Here are some recent pics. We were wondering if anyone knew what the skull was. We were thinking Elk?....
I have poop pictures on the other computer that are very interesting. Hope you can share. No people poop please, no matter how interesting it may be.:p:d
The skull was cool, as there were still beetles feeding on the flesh.

Looks like this mud hen bit it just before we arrived at the lake today. Kids found her feet very interesting. Check out the colors.
i'm gonna go with Nancy Kerrigan......

Where is the poop pictures?

OLIVE DRAB DEAN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sleddingmom, check on the upper part of the jaw, if it is and elk they have ivory teeth, the only animals with this. I think it is and elk by looking at it. Not to sound morbid but I would pull those ivory teeth out, nice for jewelry? They should be by themselves on the upper jaw near the front, like little tusks. Good luck.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sleddingmom, check on the upper part of the jaw, if it is and elk they have ivory teeth, the only animals with this. I think it is and elk by looking at it. Not to sound morbid but I would pull those ivory teeth out, nice for jewelry? They should be by themselves on the upper jaw near the front, like little tusks. Good luck.

would they polish in a rock tumbler? Very cool! I'll go up the trail tonight or tomorrow! Thanks!

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'm gonna go with Nancy Kerrigan......

Where is the poop pictures?

I've got the poop on this computer (ewww hee hee), just trying to figure out how to resize on windows 2000, may need XC to help me again:eek:

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Always love your posts Smom. You do your kids good by giving so much life experience. Keep the posts coming. That's how I grew up. Feet wet, face dirty and no time to stop for a pee.....too much to see, to much to do, too much to learn out there in the bush.

Powertool29

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a whole ice cream bucket full of the ivory Elk teeth...
I am hoping that ivory gains ground on the stock market ! LOL:cool:

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Having a bit of trouble with the poop pics. Hope this works. The kids would love to see your interesting pics too!

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Thats poop alright :d I was out on the quad today and checked out a deer kill that 2 wolves made yesterday in the fresh snow. Pretty cool stuff. The deer didn't go quietly by any means. The kill took place in an open field for about a 1/4 mile. Then the wolves drug the carcass to the edge of the field and had a good meal before leaving it to the ravens to finish up. Sorry no pictures.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats poop alright :d I was out on the quad today and checked out a deer kill that 2 wolves made yesterday in the fresh snow. Pretty cool stuff. The deer didn't go quietly by any means. The kill took place in an open field for about a 1/4 mile. Then the wolves drug the carcass to the edge of the field and had a good meal before leaving it to the ravens to finish up. Sorry no pictures.

Wow, that sounds intense! :d:beer:

OLIVE DRAB DEAN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Having a bit of trouble with the poop pics. Hope this works. The kids would love to see your interesting pics too!

Looks like coyote poo, feel it. does it feel like coyote poo? Smell it. Does it smell like coyote poo? Taste it. Does it taste like coyote poo? Must be coyote poo good thing you never stepped in it! Sorry Sleddingmom having a flassh baack to a Cheech and Chong movie! :d

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like coyote poo, feel it. does it feel like coyote poo? Smell it. Does it smell like coyote poo? Taste it. Does it taste like coyote poo? Must be coyote poo good thing you never stepped in it! Sorry Sleddingmom having a flassh baack to a Cheech and Chong movie! :d

Haaa haaa!!!! good one ODD. (didn't call you odd, just shortening your name.) Yep I figure it's coyote poo. The interesting part was all of the hair in it. Figure it was rabbit hair.

Wanderlust

Reaction score
Hey there-what olive drab is forgetting to mention is that it was I who found and pulled the teeth in order to make his wedding ring :)............I think your skull is that of a juvenile, and the ivories might not be well developed..........

Last edited:

OLIVE DRAB DEAN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did I mention my wife likes dead things, odd types of poo, skulls, bugs, fungai, just plain weird stuff. Guess thats why she married me. :)

Wanderlust

Reaction score
Did I mention my wife likes dead things, odd types of poo, skulls, bugs, fungai, just plain weird stuff. Guess thats why she married me. :)

You're right, you smell and you're a fungi-no comment on the rest-that would just be cruel. But he's right the kids and he have to put up with all sorts of stuff I find, including many dead birds in the deep freeze (wait!don't open that bag/box!) and the fact that I'm a little twisted and work like a guy doesn't help things either, right hon...........still putting up with me?

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You're right, you smell and you're a fungi-no comment on the rest-that would just be cruel. But he's right the kids and he have to put up with all sorts of stuff I find, including many dead birds in the deep freeze (wait!don't open that bag/box!) and the fact that I'm a little twisted and work like a guy doesn't help things either, right hon...........still putting up with me?

Wanderlust you sound awesome! You guys are so funny. I know what you mean, I had an owl in the freezer for quite some time. Hit my tidy tank when I was driving and knocked the head right off. Took it into fish and wildlife then they released it back to me.

Powertool29

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wanderlust you sound awesome! You guys are so funny. I know what you mean, I had an owl in the freezer for quite some time. Hit my tidy tank when I was driving and knocked the head right off. Took it into fish and wildlife then they released it back to me.

Biology class on Monday morning ! LOL

Top Bottom