Intake plugging up in deep powder

rotormech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All 3 of my groups xm,s had the air intakes plugging off in deep powder this weekend, had to stop to clean it off all the time.anyone have a fix or the same issue?

rotormech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was just looking at the slp power valves look like a good idea,anybody use them yet?strange only one didn't have a problem.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wonder if more venting would help, the XM's have a powder vent in the stock airbox.

Scotty2Hotty

Reaction score
I had this problem on my old XP, most frustrating issue I ever experienced. Installed a set of powder valves and still would bog in deep snow if condition were right for snow to stick to the intake filter.

In short, the powder valves did nothing for me...

Nitrobkr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe the rpm deflectors would help?.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe the rpm deflectors would help?.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would think that the deflectors would just get plug up to and make it impossible to wipe off while driving. I would think a couple of SLP flow rites in the bottom of the upper air box would be better. It would breath warmer air but warm air is better then no air!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you sure it's not your exhaust? Our entire group this weekend rode handlebar deep powder and no bogging whatsoever. At one point in time both my intakes were actually coated in about an inch of ice and the sled ran fine as it had a relief valve in the air box to suck from when this happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
3 stock cans and mine was MBRP. Mine probably bogged the worst and I read that other thread on the cans.
Got a thing to try next time

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
3 stock cans and mine was MBRP. Mine probably bogged the worst and I read that other thread on the cans.
Got a thing to try next time

i just installed a thing can onmy xm and rode handlebar deep snow all weekend in revy not one hiccup

crazy_cappa

Reaction score
Have the specialty sled ceramic coated silencer, doesn't seem to bog on pipe side. Was in revy last weekend, snow was pretty deep. It is stupid loud thou.

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a 1st world problem, too much powder! Its happens just stop and clean off your intakes/ install brp or frogskins on the the front clip helps.

rotormech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did put the frog skins on the front, my 11 etec never bogged at all oh well i guess its a good problem to have to much pow coming over the windshield

Top Bottom