income tax

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been consumed with the thought that income tax has never become law in this country, and have found tons of evidence to back it up. There are several cases that I have read through that have me pretty much convinced, that if a guy sticks to his guns, and is ready for a couple years of harrassment and bullying from the federeal gov't, income tax could be a thing of the past. I just don't know if I have the ballz to try it.
All of the cases I have read, have directly referanced the 1867 - BNA ACT. Sections 91, and 92. In lehmans term, it says that the federal gov't has no right to your tax monies, taxes are to be collected provincially and the federallies have no right to it. What they are doing is illegal, and unconstitutional.
I have read of people who have not filed since the 70's using this defence, and the case is repeatedly thrown out of court in favor of the citizen. In one situation, I read that on the 15th appearence (this time the supream court of Canada), when it was thrown out, the judge had warned that the harrassment had to stop, and that the federal gov't could not be allowed to proceed against "this man" any further.

some reading material.......

I'd like to hear some opinions.................these pricks have got enough of my money over the years...and probably yours too.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe there is some truth to this as I have read similar articles. But, if we dont pay our taxes where will the government get money to function and pay for federally responsible infrastructure? Would love not to pay my taxes but I also enjoy driving on paved roads etc etc

I have been consumed with the thought that income tax has never become law in this country, and have found tons of evidence to back it up. There are several cases that I have read through that have me pretty much convinced, that if a guy sticks to his guns, and is ready for a couple years of harrassment and bullying from the federeal gov't, income tax could be a thing of the past. I just don't know if I have the ballz to try it.
All of the cases I have read, have directly referanced the 1867 - BNA ACT. Sections 91, and 92. In lehmans term, it says that the federal gov't has no right to your tax monies, taxes are to be collected provincially and the federallies have no right to it. What they are doing is illegal, and unconstitutional.
I have read of people who have not filed since the 70's using this defence, and the case is repeatedly thrown out of court in favor of the citizen. In one situation, I read that on the 15th appearence (this time the supream court of Canada), when it was thrown out, the judge had warned that the harrassment had to stop, and that the federal gov't could not be allowed to proceed against "this man" any further.

some reading material.......

I'd like to hear some opinions.................these pricks have got enough of my money over the years...and probably yours too.

Trukker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm with ya Heavy D but if you only deal in cash and self employed don't need to borrow money etc then go for it. The Bastards can make your life a living hell .

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Exactly. They can put a hold on your bank accounts so you can't touch a DIME, just because they feel like it. If you go off the grid and never want another loan, bank account, etc and work for cash you can tell them to go fawk themselves, but otherwise your screwed.

They just went back and reviewed me for 4 years, and say I owe them $3,000 more. Nothing I can do but bend over and take it, fighting with them will not get anywhere.

All you can do is find every way in hell to find deductions and lower your taxable income as much as possible. A lot of people are scared of them. They have way to much power. My dad didn't make a quarterly payment from his company, within a week they took what they "felt" was a quarterly payment, and froze the accounts until proof of what was owed was sent to them.

I have no problem paying some taxes I mean it's needed. But it just pisses me off how they waste our money on everything.

Last edited:

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You could try to fight them though, better have a lot of money to do it though! They will fight you with your own money. Who's right or wrong doesn't matter, it's who has the more persistence and money.

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Exactly. They can put a hold on your bank accounts so you can't touch a DIME, just because they feel like it. If you go off the grid and never want another loan, bank account, etc and work for cash you can tell them to go fawk themselves, but otherwise your screwed.

They just went back and reviewed me for 4 years, and say I owe them $3,000 more. Nothing I can do but bend over and take it, fighting with them will not get anywhere.

All you can do is find every way in hell to find deductions and lower your taxable income as much as possible. A lot of people are scared of them. They have way to much power. My dad didn't make a quarterly payment from his company, within a week they took what they "felt" was a quarterly payment, and froze the accounts until proof of what was owed was sent to them.

I have no problem paying some taxes I mean it's needed. But it just pisses me off how they waste our money on everything.

Cyle,
From what I've read, all the laws that enable them to "financhially harrass" you are based on having submitted a return. People who have apperantly gotten away with this plain and simply do not file. Because there is no law that says you have to. After you submitt a return...they have you by the ballz. we have all been in the situation where we might get a little back, then thinks everything is great for 3 mos. Then the re-assesment shows up......they.ve changed the rules again.....you owe what we sent you, and 4k more......it's bull-shiz

Don't get me wrong, I'm as patriotic as the next guy, I love Canada, I'm just tired of working till june until I get paid. And a third of the country doesn't have to be-it because of religion, race, corporate shelters etc

it just needs to be evened out somehow, every body is scared of the gov't in north america....

Last edited:

KawisakiRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I personally know two ppl who haven't filed for taxes in 13 (or so) years and so far so good but I'm thinking the gov owes them and not the other way around.

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's what I'm saaying man, I can't find anywhere that it says you have to.....it is not against the law from what I read.

Someone tell me I'm on glue, and don't understand.........I don't know.

I've just been reading case after case of it getting thrown out of court in favor of the guy fighting it - thus not costing him a dime

GST and stuff like buisness tax is totally differant, I'm talking about personal income tax

I personally know two ppl who haven't filed for taxes in 13 (or so) years and so far so good but I'm thinking the gov owes them and not the other way around.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Cyle,
From what I've read, all the laws that enable them to "financhially harrass" you are based on having submitted a return. People who have apperantly gotten away with this plain and simply do not file. Because there is no law that says you have to. After you submitt a return...they have you by the ballz. we have all been in the situation where we might get a little back, then thinks everything is great for 3 mos. Then the re-assesment shows up......they.ve changed the rules again.....you owe what we sent you, and 4k more......it's bull-shiz

Don't get me wrong, I'm as patriotic as the next guy, I love Canada, I'm just tired of working till june until I get paid. And a third of the country doesn't have to be-it because of religion, race, corporate shelters etc

it just needs to be evened out somehow, every body is scared of the gov't in north america....

Flat tax across the board is the only fair way... say 20%... if you make 20k you pay $4k, if you make 100K you pay $20K and so on... I don't think a person should be taxed a higher % because they are successful...

and if our government can't make a decent go at it with 20% of everyones income then there is something wrong...

I just got a decent raise but because I jump brackets I will see very little increase in take home pay...

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BOGGER FOR PRIME MINISTER

If everyone paid equal i wouldn't be wasting time trying to figure this out. Maybe I'm making to much of it, I'm not exactly wipin' my azz with 20's, but it's the firt week of April and I've paid 15k already.......it just keeps going up and up.................stupid.

Flat tax across the board is the only fair way... say 20%... if you make 20k you pay $4k, if you make 100K you pay $20K and so on... I don't think a person should be taxed a higher % because they are successful...

and if our government can't make a decent go at it with 20% of everyones income then there is something wrong...

I just got a decent raise but because I jump brackets I will see very little increase in take home pay...

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BOGGER FOR PRIME MINISTER

If everyone paid equal i wouldn't be wasting time trying to figure this out. Maybe I'm making to much of it, I'm not exactly wipin' my azz with 20's, but it's the firt week of April and I've paid 15k already.......it just keeps going up and up.................stupid.

well with 15K paid already you must be tracking for 200K good job

unless you have no need for any credit ever then you are forced to report your taxes so the only way is to take all the tax advantages as possible...good accountant comes into play...

turn that 1 company into 3 or 4 sub companies and spread the income out with more tax savings is about the only way around it. take your holding company and rent your office and equipment to your service company and have your sales brokers sell for your service company and so on lol

still sucks damn taxes and I aggree with Bogger take 20% and leave me alone

cokecrazed007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Something to keep in mind, is that my accountant told me to never let the CRA into your office or home. Have them request what they need and send it to them. When they come in they dig further into your stuff and they charge you more. Also for personal income you only have to keep your records for three years and they can only look into the past three, business you have to keep record for seven years.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Something to keep in mind, is that my accountant told me to never let the CRA into your office or home. Have them request what they need and send it to them. When they come in they dig further into your stuff and they charge you more. Also for personal income you only have to keep your records for three years and they can only look into the past three, business you have to keep record for seven years.
O really? CRA just reviewed me since 2008, how do they do the years? Once 2012 hits 2008 is off limits? Or back 3 years of filed taxes? It would be great if they can't go back to 2008, save me about $600......

I'd never let them into my house, nor any type of government or anything like that.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard a laywer in Kelowna was getting people off incometax.......that was 2 years ago......

I had a call from them 2 years ago because I didnt do my taxes for 7 years.....I made sure I got money back each year.....but they screwed something up on my RRSP and said I owed them money....it was a big fight......so I did my taxes and got a ch!t load of money.....plus all my back pay of GST cheques....plus they fixed the original problem that was the issue on my RRSP! I loved it when I told them "see I told you so" now being self employed they are going to get me back some how......my accountant got me back money last year......even tho I did not pay a cent into anything what so ever......I made money off of them again! looks the same this year too......I figure if I dont pay into anything how the heck do I get money back......well worth the money for a good accountant!

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the banks get a call from the CRA they have to stop everything and deal with the poor individual who thought he knew his rights, usually not good news. And talk about court disputes, just take a look at what ethnic group is sitting there taking notes. I bet they are not paying their share of taxes. For those who have not payed their taxes for years, U-file is a low priced online software that will go back as far as you want. And make sure and set up your CRA account. You would be surprised how many years they keep records.

calgarysledguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com

I was audited about 6 years ago. My business is out of my home. Concrete construction. I set it up on the phone with them and aloud her to come to my house. We sat down at the kitchen table and went threw paper work. They didn't snoop around or even go into my office space for that matter. If i remember right she was here for about 1 hr ran numbers in her lap top said your one of the more organized companies i have been to said have a nice day. STRESS RELIEVER.

(Cycle)

I have yet to make quarterly payments. I just write them a big fat cheque at the end of the year when my tax is due.(it truly is painful to write it ).And no problems. I think as long as there all payed at the end of the year its all good. I like to make money on my money not them. I think they want it quarterly because some people can't save $25 000 to write a check at the end of the year.

cokecrazed007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
O really? CRA just reviewed me since 2008, how do they do the years? Once 2012 hits 2008 is off limits? Or back 3 years of filed taxes? It would be great if they can't go back to 2008, save me about $600......

I'd never let them into my house, nor any type of government or anything like that.

I'm not sure, but it's probley an the year of filing, but I will look into this.

Top Bottom