In a pinch

SendingItDeep

Reaction score
Like an idiot i didnt summerize my 07 SUMMIT 800
What can i do to get it ready for the season without hurting it.
it's my first sled and i plan to have it for a while
any products and procedures... please post them here help a young idiot out please

SendingItDeep

Reaction score
that's it?
it cant be that simple lol
i heard from some to maybe put some fuel stabilizer in it or engine fog but i really dont know

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Should be ok - my 07 sat without being winterized. Started it last night and it's just fine.
Give it a bit of grease, change the chaincase oil and check the chain for wear and tension. Check track for alignment and wear.
You may want to remove the old gas and replace with new - that can be a motor killer.
You should pretty much be ready to ride.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
as far as the MOTOR is concerned just run it. hold the oil pump wide open at startup for 30 seconds if your concerned about it.

and like mentioned grease all suspension fittings and check the track tension and throw in some fresh gas premium fuel.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can put a little oil down the cylinders and then roll the motor over by hand slowly to coat the cylinders. It will smoke a little more on start up if you do this but it will not hurt it and the extra oil will just burn off.

Grease all the nipples, lube all the joints, check all the fluids, including chaincase. Take the belt off, rotate track slowly by hand, put the belt back on, run the track a little on a track stand.

Change the plugs, put new ones in as spares, give it a good cleaning, take the moldy sandwiches out of the seat compartment, double check all parts and pieces, replace any worn components.

Then ride it like you stole it.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
take the moldy sandwiches out of the seat compartment,

Hahaha...been there, done that. Samiches and a broken chocolate milk jug in the trunk of my buddy's 01 Summit.....had awesome green fur SOLID in there with a smell that near knocked us over!

SendingItDeep

Reaction score
thanks a ton guys!
im gonna get at all of it tomoro maybe take er for a little spin :)

my mod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like modman said, but if you left it in the sun and full of fuel, it would not hurt if you just syphoned the old fuel out of the tank, and put in fresh stuff. You do not need to get all the fuel out.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what about that frozzen beer can exploded???????? i mean fake beer...

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hahaha...been there, done that. Samiches and a broken chocolate milk jug in the trunk of my buddy's 01 Summit.....had awesome green fur SOLID in there with a smell that near knocked us over!

:rollinglaugh:

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
like My Mod said. syphon the old gas out and put it in the old ladies car. I would refill with fresh premium. If you can get your hands on some race fuel mix it with premium to get your octane up to mix with any fuel that you didn't syphon out. The race fuel thing is over kill but what the heck it smells good.

Top Bottom