I hope my friends are better prepared than these people

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I found the avalanche report.

Turns out, the guy who was caught in the avy was the guide, and he made a lot of bad decisions bringing a group into such terrain without any avy briefing or training.

Here is the report, and a writeup of what happened in great detail.

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One other thing I learned from all the obvious things was when putting a shovel down, stab it into the snow. his shovel almost got away from him....

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I found the avalanche report.

Turns out, the guy who was caught in the avy was the guide, and he made a lot of bad decisions bringing a group into such terrain without any avy briefing or training.

Here is the report, and a writeup of what happened in great detail.

Thanks Cuso.
I'm glad the guide posted his explanation. Hard to make the right decisions sometimes when fresh powder is right in front of you.
Don't let mother natures siren song of in your face powder lead you to the wrong decision.

Brian D.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just so , so painful to watch.

Friggin retards.

When we were out between 28-30 of Dec riding in golden one night we went out and watched the u.f.c fights at a bar.

There was this Azzhat guy blabbing to some of the local peeps that he was from sask , they went to gorman , no beacons , got stuck on a waterfall but he could touch trees with his feet standing stuck ..

Is it all from sask are dumb as a stump ??

He sounded proud to be riding without a beacon by the way his story was told.

Made me sick. If I see him get caught in a act , got search and get nothing.

How low is a guy going to feel ??

from my HTC

Must be! Only smart sledders live in Alberta. Oh, by the way, your village called, they want you to head home, they need their idiot back.

senorjeem

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:realmad: 1 minute 45 before they even got the "Shared" beacon off of the tree stump that was wearing it! This was painful to watch! The flip side is everyone rushing in helter skelter, but once they had the vic positively located.....kinda nice to get a breath here!

fj40

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't beleive the guy made it out, another 6 inchs and he would have been Dead.
There is no way they would of found him.
I thought it was fake until I read the avalanche report.

Note to self Just because the guy takes charge, it does not mean he know what to do.

Top Bottom