I do not enjoy working on my machine

dieselmech_22

Reaction score
I am a mechanic I have to fix stuff all day long so when I want to ride thats exactly it I just want to ride. Wrenching is not a hobbie for me anymore.

However I do agree with all you guys about the RIDICULOUS shop rates out there. I am a heavy duty mechanic and our shop rates are around $100 an hour but we need equipment in our shops that are not needed in a sled/ bike shop such as overhead hoists, pullers, diagnostic equipment etc. Not to mention the average wage for Heavy duty guys is about double what they pay the sled mechanics at the dealers, so I don't know how all these dealers get off charging the same price, when is the last time you seen a million dollar hoist in a sled shop, but maybe the $2000 lifts that are at the sled/ bike shops are what cover this price?

I guess as long as guys like me pay it to not have to work on thier own sled, they will keep charging it! If all of you guys start doing thier own work rather than taking it in it will get cheaper for me! So all you do it yourselfers keep up the good work!

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well all's i can say is that the shop rate at specialty sleds aint no 100.00 an hour.. It's a fair bit less than that....And we have mill, lathe, tig weldder and about anything else you might need... And if wer dfont have it we'll get it...

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cycle Works figures they need to charge $100/hr to fix a polaris.....I guess it's one way to pay for that new shop and expansion they build this past fall at the west location store.....:confused:

Top Bottom