I can't figure this out. Help please!

Andrew.L

Reaction score
So my buddy is getting into Sleddig and he bought the same sled as me. (2007 summit 800)
Now funds aren't am issue for me so I always bring my sleds in to get tuned and such while I am away at work.

He asked if I could help him with his issue he is having. And I haven't a clue what's up with it.

His sled starts, and idles with the choke on... Turn the choke off it dies.
Start it again, is good with the choke on and will go if you feather the throttle, but again turn the choke off and it boggs right out.....

Anyone on here know what I can do to help him?

tiger666

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
x2 removing the carbs,cleaning them setting the floats would be the best place to start.google it and you will probably find a video to help.

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
x3 on cleaning the carbs, probable find a plugged jet with green in carbs from stale gas

Andrew.L

Reaction score
I suggested we start there this morning as well.
his sled is old and of the hoses on his carb are origional there might be debris in the fuel.
hoses will eat away due to the gas.

I'll have to google all this stuff. Neither of us have a manual to take it apart lol.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Seafoam.There's a thread on snowandmud.com about it.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
YouTube is your friend. Lots of video on everything.

But the information above about cleaning the carbs is solid. Gas these days just goes gummy when it sits for a few months and particularly over the hot summer months.

tater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seafoam is more preventative... But you could try it. Cleaning carbs would likely be best bet!

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
X10...... on take the carbs apart, and clean out the green death lol. They are easy to do, and to reset the idle and sync. It will also give you a chance to inspect your intake manifolds, floats and reeds, a lot can be checked and inspected, by removing and cleaning the carbs.

Top Bottom