MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snapchat-1107763020.jpg

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
GVW nice try lol

Edit - OK I see I was wrong, my bad. GVW is licenced load of vehicle + tow, GVWR is just the vehicle

Attachments

• 014 (2).jpg
    014 (2).jpg
    476.3 KB · Views: 268
Last edited:

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
🤨
What? GVW is the whole thing trailers included. Its not hard to believe you could be pushing 12 tons. Not saying its safe in a 3/4 ton. But probably has been done.
My Service truck weighs 6200kg all on its own no trailer. Its a 3500 thou. And thats not heavy for a service truck.

Beer Slayer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As we get older, we sometimes begin to doubt our ability to "make a difference" in the world. It is at these times that our hopes are boosted by the remarkable achievements of other seniors who have found the courage to take on challenges that would make many of us wither.
1630064718291.png

Harold Schlumberg is such a Person ...

QUOTE FROM HAROLD : "I've often been asked, 'What do you old folks do now that you're retired?' Well, I stay active and happy. I'm fortunate to have a chemical engineering background and one of the things I enjoy most is converting beer and scotch into urine. Then I take a jog out to the shed and piss on a picture of Trudeau. I do this several times every day. I really enjoy it and get my exercise too!"

Harold is an inspiration to all of us.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

What? GVW is the whole thing trailers included. Its not hard to believe you could be pushing 12 tons. Not saying its safe in a 3/4 ton. But probably has been done.
My Service truck weighs 6200kg all on its own no trailer. Its a 3500 thou. And thats not heavy for a service truck.

No that would be GCVW, the GVW is the max the truck itself can weigh, it’s on the inside of the door.
The Tare is what the truck actually weighs fully loaded at tooled up.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
No that would be GCVW, the GVW is the max the truck itself can weigh, it’s on the inside of the door.
The Tare is what the truck actually weighs fully loaded at tooled up.
The GVW sticker on the side of any commercial truck is for the whole unit. Truck and trailer.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The GVW sticker on the side of any commercial truck is for the whole unit. Truck and trailer.

Your right, I wasn’t thinking about commercial vehicles when I wrote that.

Top Bottom