Huge thanks to the Castlegar Snowmobile club and sled community!!!

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to say a huge thanks to my fellow sledders and club for helping me through a super tough time. The Castlegar Snowmobile Association rallied up materials and volunteers to build me a wheelchair ramp, and there has been a steady flow of visitors, phone calls and emails with offers of help, and homemade meals. I counted 13 lasagnas, lots of baked goods, moose, elk, and deer sausage, shepards pies, and tons of other good eats. It makes me proud to be involved in a sport where people are so supportive and care so much for each other! Some of the help I have received is from people I have never ridden with, or even met.

My broken bones are healing well. I am working hard on my physio exercises for my ankle that was dislocated, and waiting to hear whether or not I will need surgery on my neck. I'm really hoping to be able to get on a sled this winter, and staying super positive that I will, at least in some capacity.

My aunt has been through 9 surgeries, and is expected to remain in the hospital for 3 months. She and I are already discussing ways of getting her back on the slopes, and she asked if I can take her snowmobiling next year. She is extremely positive despite being left blind from the accident, and both of us are happy to be alive and able to hug our friends and family.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's great to be part of a sled club I always say!!!. awesome that things are going better for you.

modcat

Cycle Works- Red Deer
Reaction score
That's a great attitude to have Amy. I'm so proud to hear when our sledding community pulls through for each other. Hope you get well soon and hope to see you on the hill in the near future.

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glad you are doing well now. Hope you have a speedy recovery. Thanks for the update.

Top Bottom