How to tow out a dead sled

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
o but it was lol it took a long time but thats what buddy are for right???

Sprint5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you access to a tobaggan or something similar put it under the track at the front so the lugs dont drag.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If pulling on wide enough trail hook to the one ski that is closet to oncoming traffic. Sled pulls to one side a bit but rider rides with you or with other and not on sled.
Ski hoop right tight to bumper on towing sled so that it can't hit going down hill. Works great.

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i done that way a few times works good,no jerkin around the ski loop just flexs,,

If pulling on wide enough trail hook to the one ski that is closet to oncoming traffic. Sled pulls to one side a bit but rider rides with you or with other and not on sled.
Ski hoop right tight to bumper on towing sled so that it can't hit going down hill. Works great.

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you can afford it (unlike me), buy a nytro with a 180 kit and only ride with guys on the same setup and you won't ever have to think about this stuff ever again.

Al "ley Cat"

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just my 2 cents. it mite of been better if the 2 tow sleds where tied 1 behind the other . More force going in the same diretion.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just my 2 cents. it mite of been better if the 2 tow sleds where tied 1 behind the other . More force going in the same diretion.

doesnt work. we had 4 tow sleds all in a line once. almost useless as the following sleds are just spinning in your loose snow trench rather than biting into something sled. not to mention you cant see chit. or steer.

best way is a pulley on the dead sled with a rope to the 2 tow sleds. that way they arent dependant on eachother going identical speeds and direction

Top Bottom