How to paint quad plastic?

powdergirl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im wanting to do a custom paint job on my 1998 polaris scrambler. Im just wonder what i have to do to my qaud to paint it and what paint to use?

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
really quick,wet sand the plastics with whatever grit you need to polish out whatever kind of scratches you have, i used 1000 then 2000 on my yfz. then you will use Krylon plastic paint, or whatever plastic paint that has flex to it you can find. then cover it with a clear coat of the same.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sand it and use bedliner if you want it black. It doesn't sag like most believe, and its very difficult to scratch. My buddy did it to his YFZ and we hit it with a screwdriver to test.

powdergirl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks so much for you help guys im wanting to paint ball it with tonnes of colors then clear coat it do you think it would work.

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks so much for you help guys im wanting to paint ball it with tonnes of colors then clear coat it do you think it would work.

"paint" balls are really just a vegetable oil type substance and food coloring so it might work but wouldn't last vey long I don't think. You might be able to just make sure all the gunk and the plastic from the ball is cleared out and put a really thick clear coat on to even it out and protect it.

lbartels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Paintballs are oil based. Usually made of canola or vegtable oil so it would never really dry. so the clear coat wouldn't really bond to the paint which was suppose to bond to the plastic.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Paintballs are oil based. Usually made of canola or vegtable oil so it would never really dry. so the clear coat wouldn't really bond to the paint which was suppose to bond to the plastic.

Yup what he said.....was a cool idea though

Top Bottom