How to get old gas out snowmobile? 2014 xm

Dlo

Reaction score
Went to Canadian tire, and part source couldn't find anything ?? Any suggestions

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went to Canadian tire, and part source couldn't find anything ?? Any suggestions

Stick a syphon hose in the tank, suck on the end that's not in the tank until you get a mouthful of gas then stick that end in a jerry can.

Or NAPA sells a power pump that attaches to an Air Ratchet that will transfer liquid. The caution tag says not for gas, however being powered by air instead of an electric drill or such it works just fine.

Comes in a nice hard plastic case, works slicker than **** on a stick.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

A 2014 XM, hey! Let's do some thinking here; they came out in December and it is 3.5 months later. Does that mean the gas you put in and didn't burn is old? Or is that what you put in (old gas) to begin with?

dtcat

Reaction score
used a flo and go pump from canadian tire on my cat worked great works like a siphon hose but hand powered

Dlo

Reaction score
Aerocharger was told always use fresh gas been sitting 2 weeks?

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Princess Auto sells a "jiggler" siphon hose, which is a check valve on the end of a hose. Stick hose in tank, jerk up and down a couple times, liquid comes out the other end. Kinda like beating off except its not as enjoyable. Canadian Tire should have a "bulb valve" type siphon hose that has a primer bulb in the middle of the hose, you just give a couple squeezes and away it goes. It looks pretty much like the primer/fuel hose for a small outboard boat motor (the hose from the tank to the motor) except its made of clear plastic.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Choose spot in yard where annoying weeds grow. Move machine to that spot. Take off gas cap. Turn sled upside down. If you have neighbours this is best done at night.

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Siphon hose and shop vac

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dlo

Reaction score
Thx gents sure ill find what looking for now

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here's the fast way......

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 203

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Exactly tip it over and let it buck, that's the Alberta way.

JZ1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What you need to get is Cory and Trevor from trailer park boys

aircanam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Aerocharger was told always use fresh gas been sitting 2 weeks?

I wouldn't consider gas thats only been sitting 2 weeks old gas. 5 months yes but not a couple weeks. Could get expensive if you're siphoning off gas every time the sled sits for a couple weeks. But ctire does have a manual transfer pump for about $10-15

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't consider gas thats only been sitting 2 weeks old gas. 5 months yes but not a couple weeks. Could get expensive if you're siphoning off gas every time the sled sits for a couple weeks. But ctire does have a manual transfer pump for about $10-15

I agree. I wouldn't be worried about fuel that's only two weeks old. Get rid of that gas by riding your sled.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dump a couple litres of 110 in and fill it up with good premium, or what ever other fuel you run and ride it if your worried. 2 week old fuel won't hurt anything, 2-3 month maybe but not 2 weeks

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Take it to the mountain. start sled up , pin throttle

Top Bottom