Will gas prices put the brakes on road trips?

tejay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Petro can trying to get a another bump in pricing going before the May long weekend
4E270FAD-8BEB-4F52-A053-7C2F181E8556.png

broke'n'nuts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if there will be a few less boats on the lake this year. Especially with what they charge on the water.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
People don't care about fuel yet, just go down any highway and see all these gas guzzling vehicles doing 120+ because they have to be there 30 seconds sooner, status is more important than fuel economy, you look way better in an escalade than a honda even though it could save you a ton of money on fuel, no shortage of people out and about either so the only people I can see slowing down are the people barely making it by now but generally Alberta is a pretty redneck place and maybe if fuel gets to $4.00 a litre it might change.

My pickup burns nothing for fuel, and going 100 instead of 120-125 is like pissing in a river. In the summer I burn around 3000L a month for my business, saving even 50L a month in my pickup isn't worth it, my time is far more valuable then that. Although I was surprised last week on QE2 doing 125 and how many people were still passing me.

bjd68

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The prices will not get any better anytime soon, as long as the sanctions on Russian oil and gas remain.
If the Fed kills demand which they are currently doing, oil prices will drop, bring on a recession and u can bring down prices in a big way.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In a couple weeks almost 200 nations are meeting in Sweden to discuss a global pandemic response. I.e. one world government. If the nations vote for this the sovereignty and freedom of each country will be destroyed and we will be ruled by the WHO under the guise of health. That should help gas prices plummet

tejay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The gas companies, government and credit card ( banks) are loving the gas prices - carbon tax plus gst and road tax YIPPEE
93B6C754-8277-490E-AA61-5BD33BC37832.png

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the Fed kills demand which they are currently doing, oil prices will drop, bring on a recession and u can bring down prices in a big way.

The demand will not go down now that a major exporter of oil, Nat gas and diesel has been taken out of the equation.
It about time that certain individuals of a mindset and generation start realizing why relying on other countries for products is bad business.

Taxes are high on fuels, but it’s not the main reason at the moment why everything is prices so high, oil per barrel price is a small reason but not the main one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
We bought 2 yearly campground spot's this year and 2 5th wheel trailers (not knowing fuel was going up this much). Along with an 08 Chev LTZ dually diesel, which is our biggest, heaviest, oldest and bestest on fuel vehicle right now.
The price of 6 tires every year scares me more than 1.97L for diesel right now, lol.
But we are happy too be at a trailer in 1.5 hours and not pulling it, back and forth

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went up to Smoky Lake this past weekend for a wedding. Fuel was 134.9 per liter. Cheap I'm thinking. Costco in Calgary was 139.9

Top Bottom