Help with CEL on 2013 xm

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finally got it to work! Switched to trip a odometer and clicked super fast. Got P1428. Pipe sensor. Must have bent it the wrong way or something while I was working?

Tried clicking super fast on total km which is what a couple dealers told me. The trip a seemed to be the ticket

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hate to have to drive an hour and a half to the dealer and pay for something simple..............

Hahaha...............just yanking your chain Dean, but it has been about 18 hours ago since you started this thread. That hour and half drive may not have been too bad. I do understand and been there done that many times!
It's the principle of the matter Doug! I was raised by a half Ukrainian half polish farmer. I've been trained all my life to throw away a dollar to save a dime!

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finally got it to work! Switched to trip a odometer and clicked super fast. Got P1428. Pipe sensor. Must have bent it the wrong way or something while I was working?

Tried clicking super fast on total km which is what a couple dealers told me. The trip a seemed to be the ticket
There are separate codes for the pipe sensor vs the can sensor I can't remember which is which not that it much matters as everything after 2012 combines both sensors with one module. However, if you isolate which sensor it is you can splice in a new sensor no need to change both and the module. It's a pricey piece.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are separate codes for the pipe sensor vs the can sensor I can't remember which is which not that it much matters as everything after 2012 combines both sensors with one module. However, if you isolate which sensor it is you can splice in a new sensor no need to change both and the module. It's a pricey piece.
Yup I had to doo one last year, $400, but I couldn't find just the sensor, so I bit the bullet.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Good to hear, I guess I have always lucked out with it being on trip, I will try when I get home to see if mine won't do it on odometer.

Might have something to do with summer mode having to be on odometer to get it to activate.

Top Bottom