how to get more RPMs out of your motor????

KFX Drm Ripper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
do anyone know how to get more RPMs out of your motor?????? i'm looking but with no luck, i get 8500 rpm and that's it !!! i have the Kawasaki KFX 450 that as fuel injection system.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In most cases it's replacing the ECU/cdi with an aftermarket unit to remove the rev limiter,.. but 8500rpm's IMO is plenty.

KFX Drm Ripper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In most cases it's replacing the ECU/cdi with an aftermarket unit to remove the rev limiter,.. but 8500rpm's IMO is plenty.

so what aftermarket unit can i buy? i hit the rev limiter in every gear, i never us 1 or 2 gear and that's not even on the nos!!! just motor.... when the motor was stock 118 KM now that i have mods 118KM and on the nos 118KM?? rev limiter every time. yes i know i get there faster but my speed should go up. i put a 40 shot in my quad to test what would app in and in 5th gear 3 sec mix i was hitting the rev limit

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so what aftermarket unit can i buy? i hit the rev limiter in every gear, i never us 1 or 2 gear and that's not even on the nos!!! just motor.... when the motor was stock 118 KM now that i have mods 118KM and on the nos 118KM?? rev limiter every time. yes i know i get there faster but my speed should go up. i put a 40 shot in my quad to test what would app in and in 5th gear 3 sec mix i was hitting the rev limit
gear it higher then. obviously you are running at the top speed your gearing can pull if you're on the limiter. get a larger countershaft sprocket or smaller driven sprocket...or both.

KFX Drm Ripper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
gear it higher then. obviously you are running at the top speed your gearing can pull if you're on the limiter. get a larger countershaft sprocket or smaller driven sprocket...or both.[/QUOTE

all you can get for the kfx 450 is a 14, 13 for the front and a 38,39 for the back!!! got them!!!!

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
all you can get for the kfx 450 is a 14, 13 for the front and a 38,39 for the back!!! got them!!!!
I guess all you got left to make it faster is to add great big tires on the back.....

bling_atv_ps.jpg

KFX Drm Ripper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess all you got left to make it faster is to add great big tires on the back.....

bling_atv_ps.jpg

lol now that funny and it a Kawasaki lol there must be a wire i can cut or program that will give me more rpm's if i had it on the dyno could they up it for me?

Top Bottom