How many RT 1000s left?

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
And they make good storage shelve in the off season ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354864385.469579.jpg

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have a minty black x model 162 in the back that I'm parting out. 403-938-0930

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm in the middle of bringing a 2005 Summit high mark 162 back to life. Koso EGT's, Menz Toys vent kit, led tail light, Simons skis, 8" riser and straight bars, foam removed, two wheel kit, napa lift pump, new short block, quick clickers, CS twins and boon docker box.

Sounds pretty close to what mine is going to be lol. But running digitron egts hopefully it works good. Pulled good before will have to see. Dropped 2 teeth on top this year as well

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its good to see so mant other guys still rocking these beasts and enjoying them.

There are sooo many for sale at $5000 and I wonder how many actually sell and for how much?
I'd like to pick up another for cheap

popcorn popper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol track and drivers aren't cheap, neither is the clutching. Also 07 mid alt map, pods, deletes, fuel pump, and a half day of wiring.
Well track and drivers are a few bucks all right! I just bought a primary spring and massaged the pins myself. The engine was ported by me and boysen rad valves and jaws can. A few light weight goodies also. With the 3" it took a good turbo m8 or equivalent to get around this fatty. Surprised alot of guys! I enjoyed it alot but was waiting for brp to bring out a bigger sled but no luck so settled for xm? More than likely big bore in the works!

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well track and drivers are a few bucks all right! I just bought a primary spring and massaged the pins myself. The engine was ported by me and boysen rad valves and jaws can. A few light weight goodies also. With the 3" it took a good turbo m8 or equivalent to get around this fatty. Surprised alot of guys! I enjoyed it alot but was waiting for brp to bring out a bigger sled but no luck so settled for xm? More than likely big bore in the works!
I was regularly getting schooled by my buddy on his stock 2011 163 XP even with the 3" track on mine. Granted I weigh twice as much as him and my motor went down last spring. Excited for what this winter brings!

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Funny though how is a track and drivers for a 1000 more expensive than for an 800?
Or clutching?
Same mods everybody does to everything else. So mod costs are negligible. But the torque on the 1000 is insane turbos are all that seem to run with them in the hills it sounds like.

So my question is what does a turbo cost? That's what it costs everyone else to run with a stock sled :)

popcorn popper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was regularly getting schooled by my buddy on his stock 2011 163 XP even with the 3" track on mine. Granted I weigh twice as much as him and my motor went down last spring. Excited for what this winter brings!
There wasn't any e-Tecs or pros close to this ol girl but I spent nearly 3 years playing with clutching. There is a ton of gain in clutching to be had. I had even bought alot of the so called clutch kits that were out only to find out they were worse than stock! Bombi was fairly close on clutching just needed fine tuning. I ride with a friend who has a 07 rev 860 high comp motor with 162 3" track and a fortune in lightweight parts. He rode both sleds and said he could not beleive the grunt of the 1000. He would do pulls with my sled that he said is 860 was starting to power down on the 1000 would keep pulling! He was very impressed as all he had heard was the 1000 's were dogs?? He was hoping I wouldn't sell it but I usually buy every 4 yrs. the 1000 is 05 so I stretched abit. Hopefully I can get etec close with 100lbs less weight?

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do any of you guys know what the stock comp ratio is on the summit and the mach z? Cant seem to find info.

Get-torqed

Reaction score
Well, I have the old girl running!!!

I have tested the stock pipe with Mbrp can.
Dynaport single with Mbrp can
Crank shop twins.

The Crank shop twins are making more power and needed a bunch more fuel to keep the egt's at 1100-1150. The stock pipe was lean in the mid and required more fuel. The dynaport single was fat all over. Anyone else encounter this? I just rode with the dynaport in Swan Hills. I think I rather the stock pipe!

hdkawi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
seems like only benfit of the dynoport is wieght savings. just put mine in have not tryed it out yet

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do any of you guys know what the stock comp ratio is on the summit and the mach z? Cant seem to find info.
I have 149 on both and its a 1000 mach Z, I am running crank shop twins and twin stingers with nos and she pulls.............

Octanee

Reaction score
heres my rt, 6# and its running with a 240 nytro, 8# to come very soon

GOPR1493.jpg

Last edited:

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

My stock domes say 12:1 but that will vary depending on your base gasket.

hey brandon, how much lighter is that carbon chassis?

Haven't weighed it yet. Just dropped the motor in last night, will plumb it tonight.

highlandrider

Reaction score
Just hit 7000 km on mine, 05 rt 163 with air pods, thermostat from 800r, 07 mapping and a new crank at 4800 km. Love the power, but time to get something newer as we spend a lot more time in technical climbs through the trees and creeks. Still can out climb most but when you get stuck in between the trees the new xp's and xm's are much easier to pull out.

Canuck 1

Reaction score
Still using my 06 151" RT ( bought it new in 07). It's at 4000km. minor work done to it including: primary and secondary clutching, 9 tooth drivers for the track, 07 mapping, ceramic coated exhaust system with HPS can. I'm using her for a spare sled. She pulls hard and surprises a lot of people who ride her. NO I do not let inexperienced people on it!!!

Top Bottom