How many RT 1000s left?

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just curious who is still riding these old beasts. Post some pictures of what's done to them and your future plans, I've been riding them since 2007 now. Wish bombi would get on this factory fourstroke turbo like cat has.

Barker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ride with two guys that have them! I would leave the turbo four strokes for Yamaha, and cat!! With the new etech why do they need a factory turbo 4 stroke, why would you want them to be like the other guys they should bring out a factory turbo etech!! Know that sounds a little better then introducing another whale to the mountains!!

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got two.

Black sled has 3" 162 CE, holz skid, vent kit, M series skis, clutching, NPP can, dynoport pipe, pods, 07 map, rsi riser, protaper fat bars, all wiring updates, mach z gauges, carter lift pump, quick clickers, scratchers, and a decent diet plan. Blown crank.

Black/Yellow sled has full vertical composites carbon fibre chassis and panels, 2.5' 162 CE, fabcraft skid, racers edge cromo arms, simmons gen 1's, lots of powdercoating, XP bars and controls, aeromotive fuel pressure regulator and gauge. Waiting to go in is an SHR 1000, boondocker box, titanium A arms, spray. Also looking for slim side panels, titanium front springs, koso egts. See how it does on spray this year may build a turbo kit for it with a GTX3076 and Boost It box.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Running my 05 for year 3 now getting a set of crankshop twins and a booney box. Some gear changes. Clutching fox zero pros up front Menz toys vent kit and maybe a bit more if mrs Claus lets me

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i put over 4000 miles on mine last season. she's at 6800 miles now.
just got back from an epic day at quartz creek and she was cracking just fine.
she was climbing like the best of them today.
I stuck her in 2 creeks big time and she bungied out of both without any real issue.
yes she's a big heavy sled, but both mine and my buddies get away with ch!t others don't

mild weight loss was done to her and set up to break trail, set up by motorteck in golden

highmark x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll be running miss piggy for another year. New top and bottom end done 400 miles ago. Holtz rear suspension, 162, 2.5 inch 3 pitch track, avid drivers, 2 wheel kit, boss seat, 07 mapping, 4 screen digatron, bondocker box, dynaport pipe and can, chromoly a-arms with fox floats, hcr secondary, and brute force arms in primary, specialty screen kit and air intake. This thing still beats most stock sleds.

deucesdeuces

Reaction score
I'm running a 06 151, MBRP can, Boss seat and fresh top end. picked her up for my first mountian sled with only 889km. ive had it out twice now and loving it.
rt1k.jpg

Last edited:

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Running my 05 for year 3 now getting a set of crankshop twins and a booney box. Some gear changes. Clutching fox zero pros up front Menz toys vent kit and maybe a bit more if mrs Claus lets me
I did 2 1000'S with twin CS pipes.The Mach Z loved them big gains in mid and good top end,but in the summit once we got to 4000 feet elevation they were useless I'm hoping for your sake they have made some changes.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hopefully we never hit the mountains anyway top elevation may be 5000ft supposedly they changed the outlet on them after the first year because of that original pinched down to about an inch then they opened it up to 1.5" and apparently worked awesome all the way up will see u guess easy to go back to single pipe if it sucks

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hopefully we never hit the mountains anyway top elevation may be 5000ft supposedly they changed the outlet on them after the first year because of that original pinched down to about an inch then they opened it up to 1.5" and apparently worked awesome all the way up will see u guess easy to go back to single pipe if it sucks
Cool Keep us updated how it works I still ride with 2 1000 in are group and they work great ,but allways could use more .Thanks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had an 1100 bikeman with twin pipes, double stinger kind. Sled pulled hard. Was finicky though, seemed once you tuned it, it was good for the weekend, next trip more tuning for what ever reason. I heard the twin pipes to the big single canister ran more consistent, never tried though.

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had an 1100 bikeman with twin pipes, double stinger kind. Sled pulled hard. Was finicky though, seemed once you tuned it, it was good for the weekend, next trip more tuning for what ever reason. I heard the twin pipes to the big single canister ran more consistent, never tried though.
Hey thats the pipes my buddy ran on his BMP 1250 single can it wasn't to finicky Just couldn't keep it from breaking piston skirts.

barthasbite

Reaction score
I just picked up an 05 Rt 1000, 162X2.5" has a pipe but otherwise all stock. 3500 km. Needs crank and monoblock. I'm planning on rebuilding and putting up for sale (I don't get to the mountains much so my 800 is plenty for the flat land). Contemplating buyung another one in the same condition and do the same. Anybody know what these are selling for?? I see guys ask anywhere between 4 and 6 grand.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I own one bought same as you did a complete engine 1.5 seasons ago. In average shape figure I could ask 4500 but reality price on a 7 yr old machine that's 2 chassis old now I'd 3500 maybe 4 if a guy is lucky. Especially being s 1000 they rock when they are good but a short block is commonly needed and they are more than twice the price of a 800. Unless you picked up that sled for 1000 bucks your better off to part it out than rebuild and try to recoup your costs
But that's just my opinion

popcorn popper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still have my old popcorn popper but a young buck says he is taking it? Bought new xm but not sure if the power will compare? Did weigh both and xm 100lbs lighter so that will be nice!! Gonna miss the power of the old girl but was getting tough to wrestle her anymore? Let you know how xm compares? If its like last years etec it's not even close??

Get-torqed

Reaction score
I'm in the middle of bringing a 2005 Summit high mark 162 back to life. Koso EGT's, Menz Toys vent kit, led tail light, Simons skis, 8" riser and straight bars, foam removed, two wheel kit, napa lift pump, new short block, quick clickers, CS twins and boon docker box.

barthasbite

Reaction score
I own one bought same as you did a complete engine 1.5 seasons ago. In average shape figure I could ask 4500 but reality price on a 7 yr old machine that's 2 chassis old now I'd 3500 maybe 4 if a guy is lucky. Especially being s 1000 they rock when they are good but a short block is commonly needed and they are more than twice the price of a 800. Unless you picked up that sled for 1000 bucks your better off to part it out than rebuild and try to recoup your costs
But that's just my opinion

Got it for pretty close to that, I'll rebuild the one for sure, see how it goes. I never rode one, can't wait to try the "torque monster"

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got it for pretty close to that, I'll rebuild the one for sure, see how it goes. I never rode one, can't wait to try the "torque monster"
They're kinda turds until you throw cubic dollars at them.

Top Bottom