how long do you predict the xm platform to be around?

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If they are developing something else what direction do you think they will head in?

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I cant see them staying the same for another year. I see them trying to drop some lbs, narrowing up the bodywork, different skid, maybe changes to the drive system? Maybe just wishful thinking though.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As much as I hope they will build a more pro style chassis I expect they will stay more differentiated and well rounded to capture that easy to ride market.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I say two more years and then they will have to change or they will be left behind.

No matter, pretty darn sure I am leaving the doolaid camp depending how Poo's "new" motor holds out.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Next season.
It is already known that C3 is onboard with many things, including parts for chassis.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Out by old town is the address, but some stuff is sold out out of powder lites

Kind of wishy washy

MC Xpress

Reaction score
BRP has been a step ahead for over a decade now. Competition is just catching their 4 year old technology. They won't let off the gas.

Last edited:

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Just look at how clean a Polaris chassis is compared to a doo. Start with running boards and tunnel - doo has no room left for rivets to hold pieces together, looks like afterthought slapped together. Go look at Polaris - there s a reason that they are lighter and FLICKABLE!
Sorry bud but no cat yet for the big hills for me.

Keeping my doo for this year because of low mileage and then its change time.

Last edited:

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The XM has been out since '13? 2016 is year four, I can't see them pushing the current package much further without some big upgrades. We can speculate all day long but I think its fair to say that BRP has plans in the works to keep them ahead of the game. In the end we all win with better performing sleds.

bsoluk

Reaction score
8 years of the the same chassis with bandaid fixes(T motion). How can ski-doo be years a head of the competition?

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Uh huh, torsion springs, quick clickers, drive chains, fat wide side panels, worst running boards on the market , and 40 ish extra lbs to make it last, t-motion bandaid to pretend it's a mountain chassis, uh huh, industry leading !!!!!
It's still an 08 XP, first Pro came in 2011 , first proride Cat in 2013, lots of issues with both but they're both moving ahead.
The Doo works well , and no doubt they'll be coming out soon with a new release, and maybe then they'll get to lead again for a while, narrowing ski stances and putting flex joints in skids ain't leading, it's hanging on . They're gonna lose quite a few riders this year, Cat and Poo are trying hard to gain share and it's working.
But I know it's pretty hard to see clearly if you're wearing the doogles !

Top Bottom