How is your sled season going

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only put 4 days In so far this season but over 350kms so we made the most of those days!
My worst season in the last 10 years was 10 days on the hill.
I have noticed the hill pretty quiet tho, hear more and more guys talking about how hard it is to justify trips with the cost and the uncertainty of work,

C of Red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its been good, today was day 61. Will be mid 80’s at seasons end. Made some awesome new friends but unfortunately haven’t had a chance to ride with some others as much as I would have liked. Eventually I’ll have to find a job and start adulting again. Sled bum life is getting expensive.

Last edited:

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been a slow year for me, work, work, repeat

i weekend in Vale / blue and a awesome 3 days at the Griz, hoping to do a spring ride back into David Henry again this year last year was sucky weather.

thinking of selling my stuff and try river boating but will see, stuff not worth selling

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tough to get a lot of days while working up in Kitimat but got the sled up there now so Sunday’s have been great. Days are longer so after work rides going to happen as well.

Tons of zones up there between Kitimat and Terrace and extremely low traffic!
Rode the full moon two Saturdays ago after work
Bluebird last Sunday with 1.5 to 2.5 feet fresh and 10 sleds total in a huge zone

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had plans to go yesterday but woke up to -22 and said "not a chance" but plan on this coming weekend for sure.. Had the season best day on the weekend before this past weekend. Had the whole area to ourselves and 2 feet of untracked pow all day long.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
been an alright season by my standards 10 days ridding so far have rode valemount and grizzly lodge for the first time as well as revy and sicamous
hoping to get one more trip in at the end of the month first of april once my quarantine period is over if i do not get the virus or if the world has not come to an end

LukeD

Reaction score
Had a great year. Stared the year on a new sled which wasn't planned (went with the Summit X once again), so that was exciting. Also lucked out and picked up a used BCX for a second/family sled. Got early rides in around SK if you can believe it (Nov 30!). Got some rides in with my Dad and bro before our parents went south for the winter (hoping they can get back up here this week). Found out my little 2 year old takes to sledding like a duck to water! Got the the mountains twice only, but 5 days total, with all 5 days being great conditions, and expanded the people who i ride with (out west) which was great. Great guys, great trips, and great season all around.

Sledtillded

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Started the season with a 20 AXYS 850 163. Got a total of 12 days in. Love the sport and I have a great group to ride with so no complaints here.

Was hoping for at least another trip but u never know when yur last one is and looks like sat may have been the last of this year.

At least it was a 10 out of 10.
Cheers !!!

https://youtu.be/iUYZd8LjVrI

d8grandpa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been a good year, didn’t keep track of days. Had 15 days in December and just started to loose track from there. Have rode revy mostly, did a 10 day trip to Wyoming, Colorado and Idaho. Probably around 3,000k so far. Lots more riding yet tho. Will see how spring weather goes, but with this snow pack should be good riding into June.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty much been my regular amount again this year. Ended up sick in bed in Sicamous after Xmas and only got 1/3 days in on that trip. So right at my usual 3 trips and 5 days of riding again. Working an 8/6 when everyone else is off every weekend it's hit and miss on being off the same weekend as guys plan on going. Did finally get to explore Foam Creek in Blue River though; which was long overdue and well worth the wait.

Sledtillded

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty much been my regular amount again this year. Ended up sick in bed in Sicamous after Xmas and only got 1/3 days in on that trip. So right at my usual 3 trips and 5 days of riding again. Working an 8/6 when everyone else is off every weekend it's hit and miss on being off the same weekend as guys plan on going. Did finally get to explore Foam Creek in Blue River though; which was long overdue and well worth the wait.

We were in foam Saturday. First time in where I could see. Very cool
Area. Gotta go back in Feb when she’s real deep !!!

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My season wrapped up a couple days ago. Managed to do 17 days of riding across 3 trips.

Milestones:
-Didn't break anything on the sled this year! (just a pull start rope)
-Survived Snowpocalypse New Years @ Revy 2020
-Visited Turbo @ Boulder
-Visited the end of Allen Creek @ Valemount
-Visited Spirit Lake @ Renshaw
-Visited Area 51 @ Revy
-Satisfied with where I was able to get my riding ability and fitness. Starting to feel like I can go most places and handle most situations on the snow.
-Destroyed a Galaxy S8 phone while sledding
-Damaged the S8's replacement, a S10, while sledding
-Now carry my oldest S6 phone as my GPS / tracker while sledding!

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been a bad year for me so far unfortunately. Rode twice over Christmas break and hit a massive rock the second ride out, took out the front left suspension and apparently tore my rotator cuff which then resulted in bursitis. Took one more ride out in the Lovett area last month which was a great day but paid for it in shoulder pain for a week. Might be done for the season now with everything happening around COVID19.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well with Covid19 and no new snow this season is coming to a close for me, with one ride pending (Mustang) it has been an exceptionally awesome season. With zero time BSing nonsense with some S&M celebrity blowhards wearing rose colored glasses.
With only one medioker ride the entire season has been deep and steep, what we all dream for.
From Enderby, Sicamous, Revelstoke, Blue River and Valemount the Winder has been flawless and now approaching 5,000. But not without its rider abuse, bent A-arm, Franken hood look and missing track lugs. The sled is definitely holding out to the test of time, thanks to Yamaha/Arctic Cat and Chad at CR-Racing for a solid product.

I want to thank KB for being such a good sport for getting into some of the areas we went into, dicey.
Also Hotshotharry and the gang, Tex78 like always, WildBill what a blast, Bnorth was nice to do it again Brandon. Plus many others that are not members of S&M.

Josh, maybe you can make Mustang Saturday. Randy thanks for the PM you sent me, it made a difference. Turtle ride is in our future.

I also apologies to all my long face 2stroke turbo friends I have LOL, maybe better luck next season.

Stay healthy and take care in this time of crisis.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Decent year for me with over 1000km on my 2020 850-175 and zero issues. A few new areas rode, including Seeley Lake MT and Greystokes. Busy with work, so kinda missed the epic pow days, but looking forward to some deep dumps this spring yet to come. Another Mustang trip would be great...

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Decent year for me with over 1000km on my 2020 850-175 and zero issues. A few new areas rode, including Seeley Lake MT and Greystokes. Busy with work, so kinda missed the epic pow days, but looking forward to some deep dumps this spring yet to come. Another Mustang trip would be great...
Seeley was great

Glad I went

Mustang should be good again with some fresh coming this week

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well with Covid19 and no new snow this season is coming to a close for me, with one ride pending (Mustang) it has been an exceptionally awesome season. With zero time BSing nonsense with some S&M celebrity blowhards wearing rose colored glasses.
With only one medioker ride the entire season has been deep and steep, what we all dream for.
From Enderby, Sicamous, Revelstoke, Blue River and Valemount the Winder has been flawless and now approaching 5,000. But not without its rider abuse, bent A-arm, Franken hood look and missing track lugs. The sled is definitely holding out to the test of time, thanks to Yamaha/Arctic Cat and Chad at CR-Racing for a solid product.

I want to thank KB for being such a good sport for getting into some of the areas we went into, dicey.
Also Hotshotharry and the gang, Tex78 like always, WildBill what a blast, Bnorth was nice to do it again Brandon. Plus many others that are not members of S&M.

Josh, maybe you can make Mustang Saturday. Randy thanks for the PM you sent me, it made a difference. Turtle ride is in our future.

I also apologies to all my long face 2stroke turbo friends I have LOL, maybe better luck next season.

Stay healthy and take care in this time of crisis.
Was great riding with you and k. B, and brando

Some of the old doo talk crew

Top Bottom