how bad has every one been hurt

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi s&mrs felling slightly better tonight on my slow road of recovery thought i would ask how many have been hurt doing what we love

i will start put my new bike down (its a write off) on june 25 (think i am lucky to be alive but still am too stuborn to know this for sure)

Broken bones 8 ribs Lh side ,3 ribs Rh side colapsed lung busted shoulder skapula and collar bone lh side

and yes sbr now i need a no thanks button because it really hurts to laugh at yur stuff

looking forward to another calgary suds night and sledding though not sure about riding a bike again in the near future

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OUCH!! I hope you make a full recovery!!

A good friend of mine had an accident with his bike 8 weeks ago.... 8 broken ribs, punctured lung, broken collar bone, broken back in 3 places, broken pelvis, and many more injuries, but still alive!! He will be in a wheel chair the rest of his life.... :( He is only 25 years old....

Last edited:

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whoa B!!!!! Glad to hear you made it out. Scary chit. Forget laughing....it must hurt just to breath.

Speedy recovery.:beer:

Thunderr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I broke my pelvis like a turkey's wishbone. Long recovery and I'm feeling it everyday. So I married a chiropractor :d

gm3d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope that you heal up quick and most importantly, heal up well.

I crashed my bike in the Crowsnest Pass 20 years ago and drove my femur out the back of the large hip bone(asytabulum). I was in hospital a long time and was off work for 51 weeks. I have been really good, but now need a hip replacement.

Enough about me. Hug your wife everyday. Don't bitch at her for caring! Enjoy your toys, but play safe. All you have to do is to manage your risk just a little. Live to ride another day!

Take care and get well soon!

Cheers,

The Big Guy

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ye I know how you all feel, I was driving crutch rocket and got smoked by a car on the hwy. Was wearing shorts and mussle shirt (not good) and spent almost a complete yr in the hospital and had over 26 operations a few transplants, a couple artificial items, many broken bones, lots of pins and believe me the bells at the airport goes off everytime I travel. I love street bikes still, but would never go back on one. I can't afford anymore to lose anymore things. LOL Now I race sleds with n2o and building a asphalt dragster for next yr, still ride in the mountians and quads and you would never know, but I will feel it when I get older so that is why I go full out now.
You can't let things slow you down. Speed is the only way. Zoommmm lol

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hope you friend has a good rcovery and maybe time will heal his wounds spend as much time with him as you can as he will need a friend over the comming months

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks Mach ya dont know if i will ride street bikes again but still will sled and would like to have a crown and coke some time in the near future gonna miss the first intake of plumbers in the fall but should be good to go by october gonnabe 48 next year and dont know if i want any more busted bones

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks Mach ya dont know if i will ride street bikes again but still will sled and would like to have a crown and coke some time in the near future gonna miss the first intake of plumbers in the fall but should be good to go by october gonnabe 48 next year and dont know if i want any more busted bones

I will keep a drink from the big bottle for you, I never brought it out to the quad rally because I know it would be gone. LOL So you decided to go back to school, one thing I know is that it is not if you get into a crash but when. Back home they still all call me crash and it has been 20yrs. I was lucky to walk away and live life to the fullest, good luck on the recoveries out there...

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
My medical record takes up half a full size filing cabinet :eek: I have broke 19 bones, some more than once. Everything from my ribs, scull, ankles, wrists, hands, tailbone. The worst was breaking my 4 lumbar vertebrae and left ankle then walking out of the bush with no shoes for 3.7 kms, bleeding at 1:00am after rolling my Sand Railer. My passenger had a broken neck :( both of us recovered fine after many months of physio. All accidents occurred on dirtbikes, sleds, quads and such. Hasn't slowed me down too much. Still ride like a retard.:d

yamaha125cc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't had anything to serrious. Still recovering from my a broken arm that iv broke three times in the same spot. Was aspost to go for surgry but my arm was heeling way better then they where thinking. All my musecls in my wrist are torn. Had to go to therapy for 6 month didnt help. That arm is still normal except on of the 2 arm bone in my arm moves when i left wieghts and stuff. SO for any physical activities i have to whear a arm brace and everhting is normal.

I ahve also broke my other arm and both of my feet. One of my main bone (what ever there called) and somthing in my ankel. cracked some ribs.

Nothing ever life threating. Thank god.

Hope you all get better......especially bhowes

Stumpy

Reaction score
Well I had a sled mishap 16 years ago which they thought i was paralized below the waist ,but in the end my right leg was amputated above the knee. I still ride everything just a little slower and less aggressive .But i have 2 little kids who love the sport ,and im too lazy to walk and watch birds or something lame like that !:):):)

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess must be lucky or a great guardain angel after 35yrs riding dirtbikes street bikes sleds now quads the worst that i got was twisted ankle

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
update
had the shoulder surgery last wed and wow it hurt about 100 fold more than breaking the bone in the first place
ribs still tender but can now sneeze w/out thinkn im going to die
family doc told me not to even try work until feb so i guess im going to have a slow start to sleddn this year

cant wait for another suds night may be i will try to organize next week or 2
had my first beer this summer last week before the surgery seemed like the thing to do summer of pain killers no booze and i miss crown and coke
golfing and riding

thanks to my sleddn buddies who have been takeing me out for lunches this summer otherwise i think i might have gone nuts:d:d:d:d:d

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok apparantly i either dont take enough risks or really lucky
the worst thing ive done is dislocated a kneecap while playing ball and a bruise from going over the handlebars

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
speedy recovery to ya bro!!

...I've had at least 1 broken bone per summer in my mx racing career of 12 yrs....and at least 1 per winter from my sledding hobby.....to me I've addopted the "ride hard or ride home" theory when I was 6ish on my first bike!

Not the smartest route as we get older LOL!

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
starting when i was 6 and im 18 now...
broken foot, ankel, torn acl in left knee, 4 broken ribs, internal bleeding, dislocated shoulder a whole bunch of times, smashed elbow, broken arm,
broken wrist, countless concusions, was in a coma for 3 days once...
I had my own room at the hospital for a while.
Good times good times.

JayBec

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok apparantly i either dont take enough risks or really lucky
the worst thing ive done is dislocated a kneecap while playing ball and a bruise from going over the handlebars

me neither, ive gone over the bars a few times, twisted an ankle walkin through the skeg..

i guess i just dont play hard enough... but as for all the broken bones an surgerys i just read about, i m good with it!!!

Top Bottom