House Furnace/Thermostat

kidder17

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In this picture, below where it reads 240vac, 12fla........

There is a heavy yellow wire connected to what looks to say Blower. My guess is that this is the "high" on the fan motor. Try and see on the schematic which wire would be the "medium" speed and connect it to where this yellow wire is. I have seen before where the high speed will burn out but when connected to one of the lower speeds not used it will work and get you out of a pinch

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you mark the on delay button so you know where it is and turn it will the fan come on? Not sure what else you can try.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Upper right to lower right.
I don't know if this is the org blower, but it looks like it.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356494677.673483.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356494719.060622.jpg

Sent by Crapatalk, till I get a new laptop.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
There is 2 spaces above to plug in

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356495689.547416.jpg

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
2 more pics, sorry for the delay of transferring pics from phone to phone.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356495773.729841.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356495789.462451.jpg

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356456981.634490.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356456981.634490.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 145

tater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not a heating guy but last winter had same problem at home. Was my inducer motor. Part was about $180 and took 5 minutes to change.. Might be your problem!! Good luck. Stay warm!!

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had some furnace problems the other day. It kicked on and then off. One was just as simple as taking the thermocouple out and cleaning it up with some steel wool. I can't really see the pics so if it kicks out, it's probably that.

Another thing for me was the thermostat wires were connected to a hoyme damper that was not closing the signal to the furnace. I just bypassed the damper wires and wired the thermostat directly.
Your circuit board should flash in a sequence. Cross Check that with your manual.

Edit: I saw the pics, it looks older, so it's probably the thremocouple in need of a cleaning. Pu it out and clean her up.

Last edited:

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So your fan isn't coming on and you are hitting your high limit causing the furnace to cycle?? can you spin the fan by hand? My bearings went on my fan last winter, the fan just sat there and hummed. The furnace did the same thing, just cycled....

I fixed the same model last year. Its a direct drive multi speed fan. Start taking stuff out of the lower cabinet so you can remove the fan. Pull the three bolts out and remove the motor. Most furnace places will sell you one, or try somewhere like Werners Wholesale. The hardest thing is trying to remember what speed it was set on, speed depends on what wires were connected to it.

The motor was about $100 on the one I did.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Lower left

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356497759.084626.jpg

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Throw a house fan in the front of the furnace to get some air movement, you really dont want to freeze pipes, just cause its above zero on the thermostat the pipes in the wall are probably a few degrees colder.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I had some furnace problems the other day. It kicked on and then off. One was just as simple as taking the thermocouple out and cleaning it up with some steel wool. I can't really see the pics so if it kicks out, it's probably that.

Another thing for me was the thermostat wires were connected to a hoyme damper that was not closing the signal to the furnace. I just bypassed the damper wires and wired the thermostat directly.
Your circuit board should flash in a sequence. Cross Check that with your manual.

Edit: I saw the pics, it looks older, so it's probably the thremocouple in need of a cleaning. Pu it out and clean her up.

Troubleshooting a Furnace - Flame Sensor - Furnace Repair - YouTube

Just about to say it's all Greek to me, until the link. But my blower fan still isn't kicking in, burners work great!

I fixed the same model last year. Its a direct drive multi speed fan. Start taking stuff out of the lower cabinet so you can remove the fan. Pull the three bolts out and remove the motor. Most furnace places will sell you one, or try somewhere like Werners Wholesale. The hardest thing is trying to remember what speed it was set on, speed depends on what wires were connected to it.

The motor was about $100 on the one I did.

Where abouts are Werners??? Too late to visit them, and too drunk to google it :D

I should have posted this thread days ago.............................

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Throw a house fan in the front of the furnace to get some air movement, you really dont want to freeze pipes, just cause its above zero on the thermostat the pipes in the wall are probably a few degrees colder.

Now I know why my well water, doesn't have it's usuall pressure.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I love this site :beer: :beer:

THANK YOU ALL......

I appreciate the input, to help a member out :D

Top Bottom