Hot tub's

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been looking around and just wondering if folks on here have experience with them, good ones, bad ones, ones to avoid. Been looking at Cal-spa's just because I can get a pretty sweet deal on them but willing to shell the extra coin for pain free. Thanks.

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Not sure what ours is, but still running strong after 11 years, had a small issue with the pump last year, had to drain it in -25, kept tripping the breaker, but once that was fixed all good. Use it all the time.

Vipertonytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Beachcomber here also. Had one in the last house that went 10 years trouble free. Have one in the new house now and one in the house at Sicamous. Wouldn't buy another brand personally

Popik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did all the research last spring and gladly bought a Beachcomber late this summer. Its only been running for 4 months but has been exceptionaly easy and cheap to run. No regrets

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just my opinion but don't get caught up in buying all the fancy waterfall, lights and a billion jets. Spend most of the time just soaking in ours with peace and quite. Told that to my brother-in-law but he did not listen and spent 4 grand more than he needed for all the bells and whistles. He now tells me he wished he had not done so. As for a brand, I have had a beachcomber and now a Arctic Spa. No problems with either of them.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
On my second beachcomber now, first one bought used on Kijiji for $750 and ran it for 2 years then replaced the spa pak @ $1100 with rebuilt pump and added $5000 to our selling price on the house. Bought another used Beachcomber for the new house much bigger and newer $2400 + $600 for a new lid and $400 for the breaker/cable to install, no issues to date.

I like the customer service at beachcomber as well

Crazy8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I recently bought one from Costco.ca, $6200 delivered to the door. Manufactured by Strong Spas in the states. So far so good as this is my first time owning.
Everything we looked at locally with the same options was right around $10k+.

rsaruk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hopefully the Costco one is insulated well or you will see your power bill go very high. Ones built here are made for our weather. Ones built in warmer places not so much.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

vjc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A guy i know had one. Him and his wife and there friends used it all the time, worked good. Now his wife lives with one of his old friends !

chancey99

Reaction score
Ordered a Costco one in June, delivered to front door. Delivery guy helped us get it to the back yard. 110 jets, waterfall, led lights, two pumps, stereo, came with cover, steps, 8 bar stools and two bar attachments. 8 grand all in. Very well insulated. First cold month powerbill went up 15 bucks. Came from strong spas as well. Had one minor issue and they have a local service company in Edmonton that came out and fixed said problem.

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have a Pinnacle 4 person hot tub. Been using it for a couple years now. Went with the lower number of jets for more a therapy approach. My only complaint with the set up is it has no beer can holders. The stereo is plenty loud enough for this old guy, the led lights are good, we only use the "water fall" in the summer. The electrical bill hasn't caused a heart attack.

One note, hot tubs need to be insulated against the cold for obvious reason but the true quality in design is protection from the heat in the summer. To much heat burns things out. We did look at a beachcomber and arctic spa both of which where more money and this one was found at a expo type show, which created the deal and purchase.

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any idea what it costs them per month to run it year round? I ran cable through my new house out back to run one if I ever went that way.

Top Bottom