Horsey Creek?

ESOX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what's the word on Horsey...anybody been up that little monster yet?:confused:

jrusher

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty early for horsie usually we dont go in there till end of jan...

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trail has not been built yet. So recommended to stay out. The guy that builds the trail might be a little choked if it gets all chewed up before he builds the trail as it'll more than likely just make alot more work for him. And its rare that anyone other than a couple locals that help him build the trail which intails alot of shoveling and snowshoeing to build snow bridges. And i know when a buddy asked him 2 days ago about it he said there wasnt enough snow to build the trail yet.

Maxwe

Reaction score
Who the heck are you referring to that builds and shovels that in????????
Every time I go up that, I thank him for all the hard work.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mac is the one that builds it yah. He is also the one uses his homemade groomer that he pulls behind sled to try and keep trail somewhat decent. And yah there is usually alot of work involved in building the trail initially.

theunit1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mac is the one that builds it yah. He is also the one uses his homemade groomer that he pulls behind sled to try and keep trail somewhat decent. And yah there is usually alot of work involved in building the trail initially.
There is also a donation box at the trail head in which i feel should be a booth that goes straight to Mac for all his hard work and time ,Great job Mac if your out there very very much appriciated

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heard there is a new wide open trail into Horsey??? Anyword on this.
Hope there isnt, just to keep the mass riders out. Just something I heard at the Dealership the other day when guys came back from riding.

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what's the word on Horsey...anybody been up that little monster yet?:confused:
why do u guys keep on going into this area the rescue group won't even go into this area and if u have any trouble your on your own. This just doesn't make sence to me but ride safe if u go in.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
why do u guys keep on going into this area the rescue group won't even go into this area and if u have any trouble your on your own. This just doesn't make sence to me but ride safe if u go in.

i agree i dont think ill ever be going back to that god forsaken place. beautiful country but wow some of the sketchiest terrain around. no reason to ride there. but to each there own.

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Just curious, why would the local S&R not go into horsey? I've been in there once and it was some great terrain. Definitely not for newbies but great riding nonetheless.

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I must be riding in a different Horsey creek! I'd agree that its for at least intermediate riders but i've seen many areas in Allan Creek and Clemina that offer the same circumstances.
Also why would the S & R not go there, and if thats the case, why is this not posted there?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I must be riding in a different Horsey creek! I'd agree that its for at least intermediate riders but i've seen many areas in Allan Creek and Clemina that offer the same circumstances.
Also why would the S & R not go there, and if thats the case, why is this not posted there?

Your right there are bad spots in those places but the difference is you have a choice to go there. As soon as you break into the alpine in horsey creek your travelling through a massive slide area with no other options. In order to continue on you have to pass through. If one of those faces came down your dead no ifs ands or buts about it and no where to go.

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your right there are bad spots in those places but the difference is you have a choice to go there. As soon as you break into the alpine in horsey creek your travelling through a massive slide area with no other options. In order to continue on you have to pass through. If one of those faces came down your dead no ifs ands or buts about it and no where to go.

yeah thats a good point, but there are several areas to ride around Horsey creek that don't take you up "Horsey creek". I'm just wondering about the comment about S & R not going in there. Shouldn't due dilligence dictate that this be posted?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah thats a good point, but there are several areas to ride around Horsey creek that don't take you up "Horsey creek". I'm just wondering about the comment about S & R not going in there. Shouldn't due dilligence dictate that this be posted?

Ya that's just what I've heard no one has ever confirmed it that I know of but it makes sense. And ya horsey is a massive area perhaps there are different ways in that I'm not aware of. Only been once

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can take you into a sweet little spot but its an unmarked trail and you have to freelance through the trees for about 5 kms, you probably wouldnt like it ( sarcasm )

Ya that's just what I've heard no one has ever confirmed it that I know of but it makes sense. And ya horsey is a massive area perhaps there are different ways in that I'm not aware of. Only been once

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey General... We are heading down there on the Dec28 maybe we can hook up & hear about the tree route??

Top Bottom