Horgan premier of BC calls Snap Election

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so sad the the lower mainland counts for the majority of the votes in BC. leaf licker yuppies in downtown Vancouver control what happens in Prince George, Valemount, Cranbrook etc, because they know so much about the rest of BC :(

Same thing goes federally. Toronto and Quebec pretty much decide the fate of our country every election.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
same thing goes federally. Toronto and quebec pretty much decide the fate of our country every election.

yup, and turdo's both previous elections promised election border revisions to make it fair.... Atlantic canada has the same seats as alberta/bc, but half the population(or something like that)

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
yup, and turdo's both previous elections promised election border revisions to make it fair.... Atlantic canada has the same seats as alberta/bc, but half the population(or something like that)

You are correct Atlantic = 32 seats and Alberta = 34 seats (up from 28)and they have 2/3 the population not 1/2 but that is not a huge concern that is 4 combined provinces its the 121 seats in Ontario that is the problem and then 78 in Quebec.... they make up 60% of the seats but have 62% of the population so I don't know how else you break it up to make it fair.

The GTA alone has 58 seats

Our dilemma is not even Ontario/Quebec vs. the rest of Canada I think it is more Urban Vs. Rural.... Rural BC is no different than Rural AB but Vancouver & Victoria are opposite, also the city of Edmonton often varies dramatically from the rest of the province (Government/Union)

The biggest problem we face is not the party in power it's the people in power, I hate the fact that no matter what decision is made the opposition is automatically against it, even ****ty governments can have a couple good ideas but our system seems to operate on the black & white, if your not with us your against us. There is no collaboration only horse-trading for support and favors among thieves.

I don't like Notley's fundamental beliefs but I respect her intelligence and a few of her changes were for the better which is more than I can say for Kenney even though I support his party. I supported corporate tax cuts as an instrument to keep investment in Alberta but realistically when Notley upped the corporate tax to 12% not one of the large oil/gas/energy companies felt it was enough of a setback to even mention it in their annual risk analysis statements to investors so if they didn't care why do we? No Kenney has dropped it to 8% and it has not brought in new investment just helped CEO's beat targets in a tough economy so they get bigger bonuses. In the end neither is really significant flat tax it at 10% and be done with it. Tax incentives are an excellent vehicle to draw new investment but to just drop the current tax across the board won't work. It needs to be structured to help NEW businesses/endeavours succeed, starting at zero for the first year or two then gradually increasing to match the standard rate.... I pisses me off that EVERYTHING the government does whether provincial or federal is purposefully overcomplicated to mislead and allow loopholes for "Favours"

OK off topic, done ranting now.... Our government and society in general has outgrown it's ability to function properly....

Last edited:

tejay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The NDP only have 48 candidates out of 87 ridings .It seems kind of strange to call an election and then look for prospective candidates. Perhaps they are thinking they only need the Vancouver and Victoria areas.The interior and north are meaningless. Hopefully that will come back and bite them.

ctd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tax incentives are an excellent vehicle to draw new investment but to just drop the current tax across the board won't work. It needs to be structured to help NEW businesses/endeavours succeed, starting at zero for the first year or two then gradually increasing to match the standard rate....
OK off topic, done ranting now.... Our government and society in general has outgrown it's ability to function properly....

Your entire post makes very good points, thank you for that :beer:

Tax incentives & others such helping people off UI often end up as competing business for the business paying into the program. Why not just let people & business find there own way, if they have good idea's they will make it happen. Government & society have taken away the resourcefulness that people & business have had in previous times.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone else here following this snap election ?

I voted. Probably doesn't count as following though. With what I did follow I saw nothing from either side for anyone outside the lower mainland, so I voted for the local guy that just got one of our back roads that had been ripped out put back in. Good enough for me.

tejay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BC election (like federal ) is decided in one area of the province -Vancouver and Victoria . Sometimes it makes my blood boil when I read articles that state, for example , Majority of British Columbians want 30% of the land protected from forestry and mining. You know the areas where lumber for homes and exports to the world . People in Vancouver view the rest of the province as their playground and god forbid anybody make a living with good paying jobs.

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can see it now. With our all time high debt and still climbing we will be giving away our great resources in no time at all.

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did take great pleasure watching the three ships come into port today. Just rolling coal. Watching the big boats fill up at the floating fill station, the float planes come and go. Horgans a hypocrite. Any hard working citizen can read that guy like a broke ass nomad at a poker table.

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They figure only 60-70% of ballots will be tallied tonight. But it sounds like Horgan is gonna clean up.

Top Bottom