Honest Ski Doo Dealer in AB?

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had nothing but good service and deals from martin Motorsports west. They give me a great discount on all gear parts and accessories without ever asking and the staff has always been quick to greet inform and direct me. I wouldn't trust the guy who suggested you go to grassland to see don. His nickname is "don the con" and even has a hoodie hanging on the wall of his office with that printed on it.

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
willerton ski-doo in wainwright. bruce is awesome to deal with. nice family run place and great prices awesome for parts and warrenty.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I agree, walked in to see T Team yesterday and told him what I was looking for in a quad. He called me up today and we chatted on the phone for a couple minutes, told him to order it in. Simple first class service no pain, no issues.

what will the puba be rocking this year?

Bounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have purchased three sleds through Marvin at trackside. Little does he know it yet but I will be snowchecking a fourth! Hmmm Marvelous Marv?

Note: Have a 2011 163X full load for sale. PM if interested.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Another very positive experience with the team at Mr. R's in Lethbridge (403-380-3376). Ryan, Tyler, Will and Cory (and if you are really lucky you will get to talk to Ken, one of the original owners) are great; honest and sincere! Bus shipping is quick for parts and the drive is pleasant. I drive 2 hours and when they were in Milo it was closer to 4 hours. Been going there for 4 years and never a hick-up. Make an appointment ahead of time and take your sled in on that day and pick up your sled, done the right way the first time, before closing. Most things can be arranged so that they can be completed in no more than a day. Doo a little shopping in Lethbridge while you wait. For a bonus, Lethbridge has the best Keg in western Canada!

Will is a top-notch tech and Ryan & Tyler (owners) are great to deal with. They have taken a page out of the olden days and their word is good, IMHO.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another happy Mr R's customer here. Talk to Ryan, Tyler, or for maintenance, Will.

martincc

Reaction score
Mr R's absolutly. Two examples.. 1.. I hit a tree blew up air box.. they pulled one off a new sled and shipped to calgary for me by the weekend.. 2.. buddy hit a tree.. I called tuesday morning they had me two new headlights, air box and guage cluster on thursday afternoon delivered to my door for 30 dollars. Calgary dealer was min 10 business days.. Amazing.. stay far far away from Calgary dealer.. could fill an entire thread with issues from there.. we all stopped buying from there.. also have heard a lot of good things about trackside in Olds.

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i work at Bow Cycle South. even tho its a big city dealer its a small dealer atmosphere. we have some good programs going on for the new 2013 sleds as i just got back from the dealer show in Florida. pm me and we can talk.. everyone sleds down their so thats a plus. and well i run Parts. so i know what brakes all the time and i have good stock on most parts. unless its before a long weekend then well i seem to be always out. lol

iam sure their has been bad things said on here about every dealer and they all seem dishonest. but in reality no one can please everyone. as long as you dont want to get everything for free as everyone has to pay the bills you will be in good hands anywhere you go.

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mr R's absolutly. Two examples.. 1.. I hit a tree blew up air box.. they pulled one off a new sled and shipped to calgary for me by the weekend.. 2.. buddy hit a tree.. I called tuesday morning they had me two new headlights, air box and guage cluster on thursday afternoon delivered to my door for 30 dollars. Calgary dealer was min 10 business days.. Amazing.. stay far far away from Calgary dealer.. could fill an entire thread with issues from there.. we all stopped buying from there.. also have heard a lot of good things about trackside in Olds.

what store?.. cuz i can get parts in in two to three days unless its thursday then its monday. and that stuff is all in stock for a 2008 -2011 xp always keep it in stock.

but again.. i know we cant please everone.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just heard the other day that Trackside didn't get their contract renewed with BRP. So no 2013 sleds or quads from Marvellous Marvin. They are still maintaining their status as a servicing dealer I believe means they can order parts, do warranty claims and all forms of service but just can't sell new sleds. Apparently someone at BRP decided that the city dealerships (Bow and Turple) were more important to prop up than the smaller market dealers (They're saying they now need 200km of separation between dealers) who actually give some semblance of customer service instead of just being a number at a larger dealership.:mad:

I will be contacting BRP to voice my concern and let them now that their decision to pull products from Trackside may lead to me looking to another brand to keep my money local as I grew up in the Olds area and try to spend my money there whenever possible. Hopefully some of you other Trackside Loyalists do as well.

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just heard the other day that Trackside didn't get their contract renewed with BRP. So no 2013 sleds or quads from Marvellous Marvin. They are still maintaining their status as a servicing dealer I believe means they can order parts, do warranty claims and all forms of service but just can't sell new sleds. Apparently someone at BRP decided that the city dealerships (Bow and Turple) were more important to prop up than the smaller market dealers (They're saying they now need 200km of separation between dealers) who actually give some semblance of customer service instead of just being a number at a larger dealership.:mad:

I will be contacting BRP to voice my concern and let them now that their decision to pull products from Trackside may lead to me looking to another brand to keep my money local as I grew up in the Olds area and try to spend my money there whenever possible. Hopefully some of you other Trackside Loyalists do as well.

There goes the bean counter mentality of getting market share, it'll backfire on doo, and it'll look good on them. The rural dealers of yester year was the backbone of the sport. and we're going to pay the price i believe in the end. Doostupid!!!

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
skoal bandit.jpg Came across doo's new logo for 2013, to go with there new marketing! lol

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
After backreading most of these posts, almost every ski-doo dealer in alberta has been listed, and sounds like most have had good experiences........ Jus' sayin'

i bought a sled a few years ago from ken at mr. R's and travelled back there for parts, pieces, and even warranty work(all the way from edmonton), and was totally satisfied. Bit of a long trek but was worth it. Now that they're in lethbridge, i can't make that trek...a little too far.
I have also dealt with ecko marine and was satisfied with parts and service.
I have done most business with martin equipment, southside in the last 3 years or so, and am satisfied with them. Especially that tteam rascal:). The parts dept is adequate and no one has a better clothing sale at the asa snowmobile show, than martin equipment, and for that, i thank them!!!
I have never felt ripped off by any ski-doo dealer, be it in alberta, bc or the u.s., and not really sure how one single person at a dealership could rip someone off. There is always 2 sides to every incident. However we did have very poor service at h20 in sicamous one time(and the only time -- never go back there).
Like any dealership(automotive, box stores, etc), many individuals make up a business, and each employee has guidelines they must follow as set out by the business. So unless, someone states a price of $14000 for a new sled and when they pick it up and it's suddenly $15000 and no explanation given or logical reasoning given, i would say that is a ripoff. But hearing about people being ripped off, has always bothered me, as i am in the "service" industry as well, and have customers coming in all the time, saying they've been ripped off in the past, and have only really had a handful of obvious ripoffs legitimized over the last 23 years that we've run this business.

Guess that's enough, and rant over.....................

08154XP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had good service and pricing from camrose motorsports and have heard good things about trackside in olds but if it is true that they are not getting new product then that would put them out of the running for snowchecking a new sled.

linksys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If those Doo dealers were being honest, they would obviously tell you to shop at the local Cat dealer for quality product......:D:D

BA-ZING-A!!!!

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bow South has worked out well for me for the past few years.
Got my 09 and 12 there and a ton of parts. Not too often I ever had to wait for any.
I don't agree with not renewing dealerships because of 200km spacing, who does BRP think they are, Maple Leaf Sports Entertainment?

Motor Tech was pretty sweet as I did most of my sledding in Golden, especially for parts and work on older sleds. Randy put the "better" secondary adjuster on my 09 right in the parking lot and found a replacement can, almost new, for my 02 in his garage.

Aaron and Kim at GSR in Golden have just about everything I need for my XP when I break it as well, even though they are a Yammy and Cat dealer.

Last edited:
Top Bottom