Honda pioneer 1K

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody have on of the new Honda pioneer 1000's? If so comments/criticisms? Reading online that reverse gear is too high and not so good for muddy conditions. Anybody have any direct experience? Thanks

bjd68

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive had my P1K-5 for about 20 hrs of use now and its a great all around machine! I came from a 2014 maverick so the ride is not nearly as smooth but thats to be expected! Yes reverse is way too high and u can get into trouble, even when I was backing up a steep bank it was bogging low and u have to get some speed to get the revs up so I would think if u were stuck in mud it would be a problem for sure !

Otherwise the machine seems very solid ! One thing u will notice is if u ride through technical terrian u probably will be using the paddle shifters mostly because in automatic it always trying to find the right gear! But I love using the paddles so no big deal there !

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The folks from utv Canada had one out at the jamboree. They were disappointed that you can not even fit 28 inch tires on it with out it rubbing ... Not sure how it went on the trails .... I hear about lots of transmission issues .

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
We have one, hubby loves it, came from a commander 1000, for what we use it for way better than the commander. Very comfortable ride for bench seats, should put in buckets, no tranny issues at all, last time out we hauled out new birch deadfall,still wet, filled the machine up, and headed back to truck, on a not very nice old logging road. Handled it very well. Stays level, does not bottom out. Great torque. Does not like very wet skeg though. A big winch is a must. Very good on fuel.

camoJoe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here in NFL on holidays, (Bona Vista Area) someone actually lend us their 500 Honda pioneer, it is good on the rocks, (lots of that around here )and Yes, a much bumpier ride than i am used to,did have a nice ride, and do like the paddle shifters, Wife drove it a bit and says she likes it better then the Acer she tried at the Jamboree, Everyone and their dog rides a quad around here, anywhere,.... to work, to grocery store, etc. real nice laid back life style. seems to be a lot of dealers in this neck of the woods.

Top Bottom