2005 Bombardier 400

WinchBreaker

Reaction score
Looking at used quads for the 14 year old son. 450 ish size. Honda pricing is insane. Yamaha didn't make 450's for a few years so not many around. Anyone have experience with a 2005 bombardier 400. Any good? Or even any 2005 ish year bomby? Just wondering if those were good machines? If bomby had things figured out in 2005 for reliability? Or should I avoid this one? My number one priority is reliability. I like to ride my with my sons way out in the backcountry along the forestry truck road near Nordegg/Rocky/Caroline/Sundre and do not want to be walking back to the truck. Thanks for any advice.

ctd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Voltage regulator box was an issue, if I remember it was in the front then relocated to the rear. There is still an occasional problem, hardly a deal breaker or anything to worry about.

The drive clutch has a sprag if you are not familiar with Can Am. 100 hour service interval, not good if it is ignored.

Bullet proof ATV.

Last edited:

brianm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy and his wife both had one they seamed very trouble some . We went out with them 3 time and one of them got towed out every time.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2004 400XT that I bought brand new, it's been a solid machine. I wasn't easy on it. My son now uses it and it still runs great. Only issues I've ever had were front struts and axles breaking but both were from abuse. Great power for a 400, and super smooth ride. Keep an eye on the rear shaft U joints, if they wear and break apart they can do some extra damage. I never had a problem with them, but others I know with the same machine have.

Top Bottom