Honda EU 3000 service manual needed

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
I remember someone had posted a service manual for Honda EU3000 generator before.
I have searched relentlessly all old threads and cannot seem to find it.

Also searched internet and can only find ones to purchase or log in to e-reade books which I do not do.

A PDF copy would be great if anybody has one.

The owners manual is readily available but only provides very basic service.

Thanks in advance for assistance.

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
cdn.powerequipment.honda .com

try that one Rick

Thank you sir.
Can seem to only find the owners manual there......Did find out how to clean spark arrestor which was one of the things I wanted to do?

Now still searching for setting/checking valve clearance.

Much appreciate assistance.

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I seached honda 3000 manual and that popped up and gave me a pdi thingy and its in me computor

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Remove exhaust side plastic cover, remove grill over muffler, remove left lower outer cover mounting bolt( long). Next pull the heat shield out from the top gently till it clears the oil filler spout , then lift out.
Remove three 8 mm bolts from tail pipe assembly. Two on the flange , one underneath as a support. They also have a Phillips head but don’t even try lol. Spark arrestor will be removable from the muffler outlet. You may have to pry a bit but it will come out.
Use a torch and get it red hot too burn off all carbon and reassemble. Make sure heat shield is behind the tabs on the bottom.
You could also leave the S/A out.
I’ll send you a couple pics of the steps from the manual to set your valves.

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't forget to clean the sediment cup on the carb, I just recently cleaned my spark arrestor and sediment cup and it solved a major issue I was having with mine. I've heard that adjusting the valves is a long tedious process and kind of a pia to accomplish, good luck to you.

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Adjusting the valves is easy if you are taking out the spark arrestor it is right there. Hardest part is getting the damn valve cover offlol

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't forget to clean the sediment cup on the carb, I just recently cleaned my spark arrestor and sediment cup and it solved a major issue I was having with mine. I've heard that adjusting the valves is a long tedious process and kind of a pia to accomplish, good luck to you.

Did you replace he fuel screen as well.?

Top Bottom