Hi all!

Rickles

Reaction score
I'm new to Calgary and just bought an '09 RMK Shift 800 144". I can't wait to try out deep snow sledding! I'm from Ontario and it's all new to me.

I'm buying an after market seat for when I take my girlfriend out on the trails. Where are the closest trails to Calgary SW? Where do I get a permit? Any suggestions on riding with my girlfriend close to the city?

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
:) Welcome 'Rickles' to Snow and Mud. I am sure U will gets lots of the required info U are looking for real SOON ! :d:):beer:

albertagal500

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site. If you are thinking about making it to the Mt.s you should looking into an avalanche course. Enjoy the the sled season.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm new to Calgary and just bought an '09 RMK Shift 800 144". I can't wait to try out deep snow sledding! I'm from Ontario and it's all new to me.

I'm buying an after market seat for when I take my girlfriend out on the trails. Where are the closest trails to Calgary SW? Where do I get a permit? Any suggestions on riding with my girlfriend close to the city?

There must be some contact #'s here.
Calgary Snowmobile Club Frame Index

Rickles

Reaction score
Hey guys. Where do I sign up for an avalanche course? When does the season normally start? My sled is going to be ready for pick up in the first week of December. Any suggestions on what snowmobile club to join? Thanks for you help.

bigdog67

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. Where do I sign up for an avalanche course? When does the season normally start? My sled is going to be ready for pick up in the first week of December. Any suggestions on what snowmobile club to join? Thanks for you help.

Hey Rickles,welcome to the site.You have alot of questions,and I can pretty much guarantee you will find someone on the site ,from your area, to help you out.

Rickles

Reaction score
Yeah, sorry for all the questions. I would appreciate any guidance someone may provide. I'm new to the province and don't know anyone here. If someone's in the Calgary area, I'll treat you to a couple of pints for some information. Cheers.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
From your location look into the Crowsnest pass,Golden BC,Revelstoke BC and if you want to venture a little farther Sicamous!That will satisfy your powder blues.You may want to look into Shovel Probe and Beacon as well.!
And as stated above..........Avy Course!
Google Zacs Tracs for dates and times!
catmando!

GRD

Reaction score
Welcome to the site. Watch for the next Calgary Suds night thread!

Rickles

Reaction score
Cheers. Thanks for the heads up Catmandu. I have looked up Golden and Revelstoke.... I CAN'T WAIT.... I'll be sure to take my avalanche course and what not first.

On average when will there be enough snow? It seems like there is some activity already at Revelstoke.

Top Bottom