Hey another newby. Opinions? 2006 M7 - 162 or 06/07 Summit - 159

georgef

Reaction score
Looking to buy asap which would be the best of the 2. If you know of anyone trying to sell, let me know.
Cheers,
George

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride a doo but gotta give the nod to the M7 here. I have a couple buddies that ride them and they hang with an 800 almost everywhere and have pretty much the most bulletproof engine ever put in a modern sled.

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
06 was the best yr of the rev. 07 had lots of motor problems.

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have 2 M7's, one an 05 and the other an 06. Both great sled. Strong, powerful and FUN to ride. :D

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just moved to the cat side late last winter cuz someone stole my 05 rev. I really miss the rev for the trail but when in the hills, i fell in love with my M8. An M7 will go pretty much anywhere an 800 will go just not as fast. if you do go with a Rev stay away from the 07's but you are probably gonna pay a pretty penny for an 06 as lots of people know that they are a really solid sled.

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
M7 all the way super reliable sled, still a competive machine and the skys the limit when it comes to Mods.

dirtbiker77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMO anything but the 07 in your choices are great sleds. the 07 is just a lemon and few and far between are they working engines.
i have an 06 and i love it!

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love my M7, great sled. Only things that need to be changed on it are the clutching, suspension and a better track if it has the attack 20. Put a camo 2.5 on it and ride away. 06 Summits were a great sled too, I wouldn't hesitate to buy one of them if it was in good shape.

enis750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
two completely different chassy's
06 REV motor and M7 motors are strong for sure
does the M7 have reverse?? I didnt think they did.......the REV will

I dunno tho....they say 06 was the "best year"
I picked one up w like 700 miles on it, got ONE trip to REVY w it and this happenned

DSC_0638.jpg

now some will say I left the parking brake on, but I didnt....it didnt even work
not EXACTLY sure how it happened, but it did
was $400 away from being a write off and the dealer fixed it
did a good job tho:

DSC_0113.jpg

Personally I like the REV chassy WAY better
also owned an M8 and sold it, as I hated the way it felt compared to the REV
04 & 05 REV's are good years as well, as long as it has seen a top end re-build )sh*tty rings in 04)

dinlaroche

Reaction score
Avoid the 07 summit like it's the plague.... I had one and it cost me a fortune in motor and clutch issues....

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
M7 would be my choice. I love mine....though my daughter has it now. Still prefer it over my M1000 some days. My son has an '06 Rev and he loves it too. I just don't like the Rev chassy personally. Know a couple of guys with '07 Revs. Definately stay away from those!

hondalrd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what are the big differences between the rev and m chassis? power? handling?

dirtbiker77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well the stance for one major thing.. there are a entirely different ride of chassis. the power well thats 800 vs 700 so there will be a difference but there shouldnt be a huge sale breaking difference. the sleds are opisite of eachother. personally i like my rev for the stance, narrow, somewhat rider forward and stable. the m chassis is wider but lots of people like em. Both are great sleds what it probally comes down to is the sale. the price, quality and how you feel just standing on it.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The way they handle is the big one. Lot's of guys like one or the other, but very few like both. Try to ride both before you buy if you can. That's what I did.

Top Bottom