Help picking a quad!!!!

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For weight i see the 2014 brute is 694.4 pounds and the can am xt 650 is 726 pounds. so can am is not that much more and thats with bumpers and a winch
I'll tell you one thing that the weight of the can-am is much more than they advertise. My brothers xmr 650 weighs over 920lbs! Only difference really between it stock to stock and a regular 650 is the tires, rad relocate brackets, winch and snorkel. Most add the winch and bigger tires anyways.

Power to weight the 750 brute almost matches the 800 can-Am xt and at a couple thousand less my vote is for the brute.

Cam-am is a great machine, used to have a 650xt, just the newer brutes are pretty solid.

Last edited:

sylvanAssault

Reaction score
I'll sell you my 2014 renegade 1000 it has 2 years left on warranty approx 900km 28" gorilla silver backs, gorilla back rack, gorilla front bumper with rad relocate, full snorkel kit, muzzy duel exhaust and tuner, clutch kit. $13,000 total cost was $18,600

kawasakikx250

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll sell you my 2014 renegade 1000 it has 2 years left on warranty approx 900km 28" gorilla silver backs, gorilla back rack, gorilla front bumper with rad relocate, full snorkel kit, muzzy duel exhaust and tuner, clutch kit. $13,000 total cost was $18,600

Thanks but looking for a outlander.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Buddy of mine has a 60x80 split into 2 40x60. 24' ceilings. 16x16 overhead doors. 5ft wide man doors. Nope. Not big enough...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk.
Sounds like a good start.

Back to the original topic, as rzrgade said check kijiji, the "oh **** I lost my job and ei is running out" deals are starting to show up

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been looking for these deals and haven't found them yet. Been casually looking for an enclosed trailer but nothing yet.

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
being a auto mechanic I do all my own work. i use argyll for my sled parts and echo for my KX and ZX6. I wanted a really low km used quad. Looking at the 2014 650/800 can am Xt my self. Dirt tracks on youtube seem to love the new g2 can am. But that's why I here to see if I'm going to make a good choice or should I look at the brute. I would like to stick with a twin because I do like power just don't need tons of it on a utility quad.

man ... get the XT 800 then... nice machine ... if you get the 650 you will kick yourself in the rear end for not getting the 800... so much nicer pull and torque... just make sure you get power steering and the Fox full adjustable FOX shocks with the piggy backs on them... worth every penny to standard shocks... you will thank me later...lol

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been looking for these deals and haven't found them yet. Been casually looking for an enclosed trailer but nothing yet.

Ya I haven't seen much cause lots are going to the states, at least for newer decent condition ones.

Bought a dirt bike real cheap a few weeks ago, off season mostly probably.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
man ... get the XT 800 then... nice machine ... if you get the 650 you will kick yourself in the rear end for not getting the 800... so much nicer pull and torque... just make sure you get power steering and the Fox full adjustable FOX shocks with the piggy backs on them... worth every penny to standard shocks... you will thank me later...lol

The 800's with with Fox Podiums (XT-P) are amazing, but holy crap are they ever spendy. I'd say you'd never look back, but you will. ...at all the people riding in your dust.

kawasakikx250

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I think you guys are right and will try and find a good low km 800. None out there though. I want to get one under 1000km

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some have said it before.

You should take a hard look at SidexSides.
So many people i know have transitioned over to sxs's and love them.

I know it may sound crazy but even my dad recently bought a rzr and he loves it. never rides his ATV's anymore and can take my mom with him and full cooler/cargo bags and still has cup holders and a middle storage hes riding more than ever now. and has room to pack a chainsaw aswell in the back.

They have a gun-boot that doesn't get in the way on it for chicken season too.

As far as i can tell that Rzr does surprisingly well in every area we have went better than i thought it could anyways it doesn't gets stuck easy (hasn't yet).

I took it for a ride and it felt quite good , It was fun and had lots of power too. you never feel like it will roll over either.

I honestly didn't think id like it before i got in and drove.

kinda like a snorty dune buggy with 4x4 :p.

Top Bottom