Help!! 08 m8 no spark???

Tsalmo

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a 08 M* and long story short the oil cap was forgotten off and i got some oil down the little hole above the stator. When i was riding it started sputtering and my speedo was going nuts. I shut it off and haven't been able to start it since. What could it be i pulled my rewind off cleaned out the oil cleaned off the pick up and wiped down the stator. Im wondering if my pick ups are bad or if my stator is bad. not sure yet I'm going to put it back in to check if the cleaning worked but maybe some advice before I do would be great!

Thanks in advanced :beerchug:

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a 08 M* and long story short the oil cap was forgotten off and i got some oil down the little hole above the stator. When i was riding it started sputtering and my speedo was going nuts. I shut it off and haven't been able to start it since. What could it be i pulled my rewind off cleaned out the oil cleaned off the pick up and wiped down the stator. Im wondering if my pick ups are bad or if my stator is bad. not sure yet I'm going to put it back in to check if the cleaning worked but maybe some advice before I do would be great!Thanks in advanced :beerchug:

Use an alcohol non chlorinated cleaner such as brake cleaner to clean with - doesn't leave a residue. You may get lucky. I suspect if the oil shut it down (no idea how much was in there), you may have a stator winding problem, anyway...

Tsalmo

Reaction score
Use an alcohol non chlorinated cleaner such as brake cleaner to clean with - doesn't leave a residue. You may get lucky. I suspect if the oil shut it down (no idea how much was in there), you may have a stator winding problem, anyway...

I soaked it with brake cleaner and wiped it down with some towles to remove any left over oil film, Im not sure how much made it in there either. When I figured out the cap was off it was still running fine so I tipped it over for 15 mins then kept riding it took a good 30 mins after that till it happened. When I got home and tore the rewind off there was hardly any in there maybe a tablespoon.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would check all your electrical connections especially the ones at the comp, ccu, and going to the hood.

Top Bottom