Helmets helmets helmets

09FordFx4

Reaction score
Alright, I like the style of sno x helmets, and I like them when the weather isn't to cold, better to breathe etc. But I love full face for those cold cold days

I've heard of KBC had a hybrid helmet, both in one. Is this true? Any other brands?

-Posted with my iPhone.

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride in -20 weather with my MX helmet quite often. You just need a good balaclave with some chin to nose protection. Goggles that fit your helmet well are a must too. Don't get caught up in the "NMFH" comments on here...:)

09FordFx4

Reaction score
-20 would be fine ya, I'm talking -35 windchill going 50+ mph into the wind lol. Trust me a full face helmet is a must.

-Posted with my iPhone.

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wore my Klim all winter with and without a clava, 509 sinisters and never had an issue, the inter changeable liner is a big plus when drying it out in sled camp as well, same exact helmet Rasmussen wears in the schooled videos, got it of eBay for dirt cheap

09FordFx4

Reaction score
wore my Klim all winter with and without a clava, 509 sinisters and never had an issue, the inter changeable liner is a big plus when drying it out in sled camp as well, same exact helmet Rasmussen wears in the schooled videos, got it of eBay for dirt cheap

Can you link me to their website? On my phone it's a PITA to google things.

-Posted with my iPhone.

falconsledder

Reaction score
A full face for the cold Manitoba winter days is a must, a lot less drag when you are high speed across Lake of the Woods for 40 miles!
Then the MX for warmer days or trail riding.
Check out Enns Bros in Wpg when they have there big fall sale get a BV2S

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not sure if this works I can say I paid a lot less for a slightly used scratch free one with extra visor, carrying bag and both liners but after using mine I would have spent this anyway, hurts less when you damage them, mine has some fairly good abuse visible from the trees in Kakwa and the handlebars from some drop in mishaps;) Mine was $250 shipped but I waited awhile to upgrade from my 509, the 509 felt good and the goggles fit perfect but the feature to have a vented helmet when it's warm and non when it's cold and pull outs to dry on the biesel furnace in sled camp was the biggest feature for me

09FordFx4

Reaction score
A full face for the cold Manitoba winter days is a must, a lot less drag when you are high speed across Lake of the Woods for 40 miles!
Then the MX for warmer days or trail riding.
Check out Enns Bros in Wpg when they have there big fall sale get a BV2S

Awesome! I'll have to stop by there on my way home tomorrow, if their still open which I doubt.

-Posted with my iPhone.

09FordFx4

Reaction score
I like the look of the gmax gm37x, anyone here used it? also cool it's got a dual pane shield for winter and a single pane shield for atv/mx perfect for when I get my raptor 700 when spring rolls around.

-Posted with my iPhone.

09FordFx4

Reaction score
I have never not gone sledding cause it's to cold haha. Just dress warm and have fun.

-Posted with my iPhone.

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had the 37x it is ok, the helmet was comfy but the visor had a tendency to pop off, had it as a MX helmet with goggles but some butthead at Brazeau Dam decided I didn't need it anymore

09FordFx4

Reaction score
Well I think I'll test fit it if I can find em for sale somewhere around here.

-Posted with my iPhone.

Luvinit

Reaction score
09ford, just came across a new Fly racing open face with a drop down shield, its in the Royal Dist. catalogue. Called the Trekker , I think its a single pane though.

Last edited:

Rneddel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The XP-R Carbon light helmet was amazing, its really light and it was warm in the Winter

09FordFx4

Reaction score
Go with the modular style. But when you do don't tell anyone on here!;)

I would, but then I'd need to buy another helmet for summer atv riding. Hence wanting the 2 in 1. Only need one helmet.

-Posted with my iPhone.

Anvil1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If someone thinks they are better than someone else because they wear an open face helmet, then phuk them. I wear both, they each have their pros/cons. I prefer a full face as the goggles on an open face put too much pressure on my nose and it is harder to breath. But whatever suits you.

Top Bottom