Heavy Duty Springs

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im just over 200 lbs without my sled gear on and without a tunnel bag or extra fuel.

Is it a good idea to put heavier duty springs on the rear suspension? Or maybe a torsion spring spacer?

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im just over 200 lbs without my sled gear on and without a tunnel bag or extra fuel.

Is it a good idea to put heavier duty springs on the rear suspension? Or maybe a torsion spring spacer?
I'm 225lbs, 165 G4 Turbo and all i use is the torsion spring spacer/insert.

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the heavy springs, spring spacer, and revalved suspension. Works awesome but I’m 310 with no gear
Most cases the spacer gets a guy sorted

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there different rear springs expert to sp? I find when new they are ok just turned up to#4 . When old just install spacer and all is good.

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im on an 2022 expert. just seems to sag quite a bit and bottom out not all the time but some times. how hard is it to install the torsion spacers? where do you get them?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im on an 2022 expert. just seems to sag quite a bit and bottom out not all the time but some times. how hard is it to install the torsion spacers? where do you get them?

You want to be using as much of your suspension travel as possible 99% of the time. If it bottoms
Once and awhile your tuning to the wrong end of the spectrum

If you ride 6000 whoops and it bottoms out on one you’ve got her dialed. Keep that in mind before changing anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ctd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The spring rates are based on featherweight frenchman, no junk packed & no snow/ice/ slush loaded in the tunnel.

You cannot change the rate of the spring, only increase the preload. The spring is more effective if you run a higher rate in a lower preload setting.

@ 200lbs if you bumped the rear spring rate you would most likely reduce the preload setting back to one, sit into the suspension with reasonable sag. Loaded.

Besides a better working suspension you would have room to increase preload for whatever situation that may arise. Such as not wanting the rear to compress & flip over backwards, like being in a chitty place you need to get out of :)

If you want to dive into that a little deeper, increasing the center spring rate maybe helpful as well. Maybe chase down Ride Rasmussen web site, I think I remember Bret going thru the rear set up he likes.

mikermz250

Reaction score
im 210 before gear, I use to turn the springs up to 3 or 4 and still have a bit of sag..
this is my first year running the bushpusher spacers and springs at #2, no sag and ride is fairly plush, i am happy with this set up (22 expert)

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im 210 before gear, I use to turn the springs up to 3 or 4 and still have a bit of sag..
this is my first year running the bushpusher spacers and springs at #2, no sag and ride is fairly plush, i am happy with this set up (22 expert)
Sounds about right. I am 225lbs without gear and run the spaces on #3.

Top Bottom