Hauling Rope Soap and Dope

senorjeem

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:sadbanana: Ok seems like DOO has our number now. Absolutely no storage space on the new sled, and $200 + dollars for a bag, that seems to fall apart prematurely. What do you guys use for the little bit of cargo that you need to haul into the hills, besides a back pack.

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Funny how the so called "Ultra Light" sleds (Ski-doo xp, Polaris dragon) have absolutley no storage what so ever. The buyers of these sleds pay extra for the minimal weight and then end up having to pack (back packs, tunnel bags, windsheild bags etc.) to carry anything up the hill? Not to mention the extra expense of the bags, but also the inconvenience:mad: So... pay extra for the weight reduction and then pay again to pack your crap?

I'd rather have the storage on the stock sled than have to pack it on my back or a cheap aftermarket bag? :twocents:

162SKIDOO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HAVEN'T PLAYED WITH THE xp YET FOR STORAGE BUT I HAVE AN 04 AND USE THE SPACE IN FRONT OF THE CAN FOR STORAGE. GLOVES,BARS, ETC. USE A LIGHT ALUMINUM SHEET FOR A HEAT SHEILD AND CAN THROW A SMALLER BAG IN THERE OR MAKE A LIGHT ALUMINUM MESH BOX INSIDE.....I'LL POST A PIC LATER IF YOU LIKE. ALSO THE BAR BAGS IS AWESOME.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
ya ya we all suck scotty, I use an SOS handle bar bag, its awsome. I also have a windshield bag that fits a spare set of goggles and my lunch. 162SKIDOO has a good idea, there is lots of space infront of the can except thats where I carry my juice bottle.

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya ya we all suck scotty, I use an SOS handle bar bag, its awsome. I also have a windshield bag that fits a spare set of goggles and my lunch. 162SKIDOO has a good idea, there is lots of space infront of the can except thats where I carry my juice bottle.

:confused:.... Nothing personal to you doo and polaris guys, but would'nt some sort of storage from the factory be expected on any sled? Especially a Mountain sled... if any of us need to pack essentials for the ride it is the Mountain riders! Pay for the extra bags etc. so you can pack your gear if you want to, it's your money... you're just paying twice and adding the weight back onto the sled? That's my point I guess. :confused::confused:

2003Summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:sadbanana: Ok seems like DOO has our number now. Absolutely no storage space on the new sled, and $200 + dollars for a bag, that seems to fall apart prematurely. What do you guys use for the little bit of cargo that you need to haul into the hills, besides a back pack.

XP heated riser bag for the electronic gear and registration. Windshield bag to put the sun glasses and a little bit of stuff in, and I have the SKINZ short tunnel bag on the tunnel.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Funny how the so called "Ultra Light" sleds (Ski-doo xp, Polaris dragon) have absolutley no storage what so ever. The buyers of these sleds pay extra for the minimal weight and then end up having to pack (back packs, tunnel bags, windsheild bags etc.) to carry anything up the hill? Not to mention the extra expense of the bags, but also the inconvenience:mad: So... pay extra for the weight reduction and then pay again to pack your crap?

I'd rather have the storage on the stock sled than have to pack it on my back or a cheap aftermarket bag? :twocents:

what are you girls packing! leave your skirt and tampons at home!
theese ultra lite sleds are for the riders not the trail bang n, bring your BB Q to the top of the mountain to enjoy the fresh air type of riders.
If you are looking to bring all this weight then you are not looking to get to the TOP!
sorry for the RANT but they design these sleds like that for a reason! and just cause yours is fat! dont beat up on the guys that are in SHAPE!
there is no glove box in a formula car either Scotty just so ya know!

I pack a small cooler the size of a 6 pack that sits behind my seat on the tunnel and my stuff doesnt get crunched!

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
theese ultra lite sleds are for the riders not the trail bang n, bring your BB Q to the top of the mountain to enjoy the fresh air type of riders.
If you are looking to bring all this weight then you are not looking to get to the TOP!
sorry for the RANT but they design these sleds like that for a reason! and just cause yours is fat! dont beat up on the guys that are in SHAPE!

I pack a small cooler the size of a 6 pack that sits behind my seat on the tunnel and my stuff doesnt get crunched!

LMFAO!!! You kill me JoHNI, rok on brotha

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey SUMX54
so its your spot we are all coming to this summer for the camp out! should be good!

what trips do ya have planned. are you coming to golden or fernie area any time soon?

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
No its not my campground its my father-in-laws and yep its going to be a blast. I'm heading to McBride on thursday for the weekend then Revy on March 25-28. I'd like to fit one in-between might be Golden or maybe south to Fernie. I'll have to see what kind of carnage I doo this weekend first. I might be too broke if I have to fix too much. :mad: :D

senorjeem

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:( Not exactly the response I had in mind, from a bunch of bonafide mountain riders. Hope I don't end up spending the night on the mountain with any of you guys that don't even haul a spare dry pair of gloves, cause you aren't getting mine!! Thanks to all who actually gave a response that wasn't absolute macho crap!

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride an '06 doo which has a big trunk...plus a tunnel bag....plus a backpack...One look at me and you'll see that light weight machinery isn't my biggest priority.

gusto

Reaction score

Dont buy the bag " major rip off" ,your right no storage!!! . Long tunnel= Dry bag wi/ all your riggen set up with 2 bungees the right length , walaaaa got er all...Dont forget your backpack wi/shovel,probe,first aid kit,and survival gear on yer back. Not tryin to give ya any flack, but that little hole they put in the back of the seats is only good for a green sandwich next year..Princess auto camera bags with velcro straps is a cheap way for custom handel bar storage...So Im Scotch ...What !!!!:eek::eek:

162SKIDOO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Johni---------:yeahthat:---------LETS GO RIDE!!!!:D

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:D
:( Not exactly the response I had in mind, from a bunch of bonafide mountain riders. Hope I don't end up spending the night on the mountain with any of you guys that don't even haul a spare dry pair of gloves, cause you aren't getting mine!! Thanks to all who actually gave a response that wasn't absolute macho crap!

my response was to scotty, the product basher,
as I said I have a lunch box the size of a 6 pack, and no I dont drink on the hill, maybe one in the park n lot at the end of the day:D
and in my back pack I have avi gear, 2 pair dry gloves, 2 pair dry gogle, dry socks, an extra long sleeve, 2 hot pak hand warmers, fire, a silver solar blanket, tools and I always have extra snacks (high protein of course). and I can build a pretty sweet snow camp! yes thats right I ride with 3 pairs of gloves sometimes 4 in the spring and 3 sets of googles but I dont think I could possibly need anything else!
I am always ready to spend the nite!
hope this helps a little! sorry for the impression of a MACHO MAN!
no need for me to be Macho on the NET or anywhere else! I ride em all! big, small, tall, fat and ugly! someone has to take one for the TEAM:D
:Chap:

lets ride 162skidoo I am going out this sunday and maybe friday,

Last edited:

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a snobunje tunnel bag for my 05 900 a few weeks ago. At first I thought it was way too big plus there's another zipper to expand the top even more. I use just about the whole bag now. I like the straps near the bottom for securing it to the sled. I hate messing around with bunjies or tarp straps when I'm trying to get stuff.
I pack my digital camera which requires it's own bag for protection plus gatorades, lunch, extra goggles, rope, etc. etc. I also carry some 1/2" plastic tubing in case someone (me) forgets to fill the oil and needs to borrow some. Now I have to see how the bag and jerry can fit for the longer rides like Silent Pass.

Top Bottom