Has anyone got the new 800 Recall?

nutma

Reaction score
Mine went in yesterday to mountain toys they said they had 11 their waiting to get done

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so you get your sled done?what goodies you get for it

My sled is still at CW. Still waiting on the clutch spring and weights to rework the primary clutch. I did order a SLP pipe and intake from holzracingproducts.com. The pipe will probably get here before I get my sled back.:rolleyes:

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you got the mtx weights? how much are those? thinking about the heavyhitter weights,can ajust right through the shift range.

Terra Alps Racing inc.

Reaction score
just some info.
The new update kit consists of dual ring pistons, a great looking piston, with good strength areas in the piston, similiar to our mod pistons. I recommend everyone getting these pistons.
The head well I would install it if you are running low elevation, its around 12-1 compression ratio, has lower squish velocity (less heat) will run and rev better at lower elevations, where the old heads from 08 and 09 were 13.1-1 and 13-1 and would build more heat.
The reflash, richened up the bottom end a bit and leaned out the top end should take care of there lean area in the mid range.
If your running higher elevation over 4500' you can try one of our 13.5-1 or 14-1 billit heads they have interchangable domes so you can install a 12.5 compression dome for low elevation riding. also have turbo domes as well.

Ted,

S

sldgy

Mine went in first of the week, I had opted for the SLP Performance package when I bought the sled last season. SLP has a new billet head to go with the new pistons and recommend staying with their ECU flash from last year. They are offering a deal for those who had their package last year on the head and re-re-flash.
They called me yesterday and said that all was good and the new stuff sounded really good. Went to pick it up this AM and they had found (while doing the pre-season check-up) that my clutch was badly pitted. Apparently they (Polaris) had a bad run of clutches last year and I was the lucky recipient of one of them. Now the fun begins trying to get Polaris to warranty the darn thing. At least it was in one piece as was not the case, as I was told by the mechanic, on a few other defective clutches that he had seen.

09dragon

Reaction score
WOW I took mine to elk Island on tuesday morning and got a phone call this morning. I am impressed with the service Thanks Calvin

WCTHEMI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had mine done in Edson at Northstar Power Sports. Dropped it off at around nine, was on my way home with a repaired machine by 2 pm. Great service for sure! Took a look at the old pistons, minor signs of detonation on one of them, both were coated in black oily crap, suspect its due to blow-by or might be from the fogging oil I put in when I stored it for the summer.

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a copy of the re-call letter? I have not received one yet, and am wondering what they are all doing for the re-call. Some told me that you had an option to purchase an update to the slp pipe performance pack for a discounted price.

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a copy of the re-call letter? I have not received one yet, and am wondering what they are all doing for the re-call. Some told me that you had an option to purchase an update to the slp pipe performance pack for a discounted price.

I’ll look around tonight and see if I can find my letter. The discounted silencer is not the SLP. It is a stock suit case. The update is compatible with the SLP silencer if you already happen to have one, or want to purchase that instead. Your sled will be getting new 2 ring pistons, new head, and new fuel map programming. It isn’t mentioned the letter but, I believe we get new exhaust valve springs too.

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It’s conceivable the dealer may have given a deal to their customers, but the discount didn’t come from Polaris.

ForeverRMK!

Reaction score
Had to take my 09 800 RMK out of the shed and take it to Athabasca Outdoor Products on Saturday September 26 to be put on the list.. I was #3 and they said it will take 2 weeks to get it back, so I tarped it up and went home waiting for a call. I called them OCT. 14 two and ahalf weeks later seeing if they started on the recalls yet and they said no and they had over 12 sleds sitting there waiting and 43 kits in stock..He also said they were really busy with other stuff and would get after them that week but still no call and it is October 25. So hopefully my tarp isn't a nice shade of white from sitting in the sun for a month rather than my shed!!

sldnxs

Reaction score
Just got my updates completed. So far it seems to run fairly well, as for additional hp.. time will only tell. One thing I can tell all you folks, is that my pistons and heads where in excellent shape considering the different types of riding I do. As a note if you plan to run as I usually do.. full throtttle on your machine and work it hard, run a mix like I do of 100LL Avgas (leaded fuel) and pump gas. The lead keeps high performance engines well lubricated and the fuel will stand up at higher altitudes which is what it was certified for. This is what I know saved my engine, and kept it in such good shape. The 100LL Avgas completely eliminated the mid range bog I would get when just running premium pump gas. You can buy barrels of it from Esso or Petro Can in Edmonton or at any General Aviation Airport. Last I checked up here it was running around $1.10 a litre..

Top Bottom