hard starting 850

SUB RIDER

Reaction score
mY 2010 850 polaris hard starting in just 0 temp .. it turns over fast just not firing no codes takes 30 sec then fires up and runs well

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
does it say anything in the owners manual,maybe it needs to see oil pressure first fefor it fires,or take it into the dealer it's a 2010 probably warrenty

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
does it say anything in the owners manual,maybe it needs to see oil pressure first fefor it fires,or take it into the dealer it's a 2010 probably warrenty

Yeah good chance it could be an oil-pressure issue, maybe try switching to a lighter viscosity engine oil and see if that helps. Failing that the only other thing I could think of would be a faulty air-temp sensor; it wouldn't register that it's cold out and wouldn't give you any "choke" to aid in starting.

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mY 2010 850 polaris hard starting in just 0 temp .. it turns over fast just not firing no codes takes 30 sec then fires up and runs well

Thats weird i use polaris oil and have never had any starting issues even in -30 below weather. the only thing i had a issue with was my air filter was full of mud and it would start and stall and run chitty but change the filter and seams fine now. if it is still under warrenty just take it in and let the dealer deal with it. cause it shoud fire right up.

Last edited by a moderator:

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try cycling the key to prime the fuel system, turn key on (not cranking) for 5 seconds, off for 5, on for 5, etc. do this a few times and you should hear the pump run each time for a few seconds - this will build pressure to fire it up. My service manual doesn't show an oil pressure switch in the fuel pump system, just says pump shuts off - after a few seconds if engine is not cranked, if engine fails to start, or if engine shuts off in case of accident.

Top Bottom