Grammar Police…You know who you are.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Is wanna a word? Asking for a colleague.🤣
Hahahaha......Tell your colleague, if we use it often enough and the right people hear about it (Webster, et all), it might make the jump one of these years. They are adding new words all the time reflecting the changes in our bastardized English language.
Sort of like giver, gotta, gonna, and a host of others.

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You're SPOT ON Fernie!

It's not hard to see who proof reads their post before posting. Some people just don't care and it shows in their posts that are barely legible. This site is actually pretty good when it comes to that. Wanna see guys butcher the English language? Check this site out.
I thought you were not to start a new sentence with and?
https://www.yellowbullet.com/forums/trash-or-be-trashed.11/page-2 Its a site for drag racers and fans. Half the guys there can't spell cat even if you spotted them the C ,and the T. And try and help them out and they get all offended screaming NAZI! Self improvement isn't for everyone I suppose.

I don't understand why most people are so touchy about being corrected? It's got nothing to do with being a "Grammar Nazi", it has to do with using proper English, spelling, grammar, punctuation and sentence structure so everyone can easily read your posts. Don't you want to correct your spelling or punctuation? How would you improve it if you just get offended at being corrected? Were you offended when a teacher corrected you? Then why get offended if anyone else corrects you? I just don't understand how that would upset someone?

I love it when someone corrects me, if I'm not spelling something correctly I want to know about it so I can spell it correctly. It seems everyone just wants to be offended these days.

My two fave's are failing to use a capital letter to start a new sentence, anything following a period gets capitalized. And the name of towns, city's, provinces and countries always get's capitalized.
It's not red deer, it's Red Deer. That bothering me might be splitting hair's, and I get that it's mostly me.

My big trigger is the word seen. "I seen an accident yesterday" No, you didn't. You didn't SEEN anything. You SAW an accident. Seen has to be one of the most misused words today.

I try my hardest to not say anything just cause everyone's so damn sensitive these days but every once and a while I just cant bite my tongue, you didn't SEEN anything! Rant over..
I was told not to start a sentence with and. At least this is what I was taught. Never understood that one. It’s been done in the Bible. Maybe my English teacher was the Antichrist?

Last edited:
Top Bottom