Gps

Quicksand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Demon if you would like to check out the rino 650 I have two. I hear ya on the price thing but once you see them in action I guarantee you will want one and everyone in your group. Pm me if ya like as we r in the same area.

Would be cool to check it out for sure. Probably could go to a store to do it though instead of wasting your time for it.

Just bought a garmin eTrex Legend hcx at canadian Tire for $125 today has more than enough feautures and has a very easy to use tracking and track back mode also comes with software to do mapping upgrades and other features as well.

That sounds like what i'm lookin for

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
do not buy a gps that does not have maps preloaded, other wise you will be packing maps with you.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make sure and get a model which will download all the caribou closer areas . I know for sure the explorist models will. They are handcuffing people for being in the closer zones.

Stefan Plouffe

Reaction score
There is an app for that... GPS kit. Works great... I download the map of area before I go... I hit start track and huck IPhone in bag... Get lost pull out phone look at trail and out I go.

No it's not a replacement for a dedicated GPS but its 75% of one and I know which direction is home.

I can share the map via email and look at my whole ride on google earth too which is cool

RevyG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not the cheap ones, if that's all I wanted I would use my phone, otherwise as I have recommended, buy a Rino!! Man you will be stoked and all your buddies will follow, be a leader, Haha

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a magellan 315, it works great and easy to use. No maps though PM me if your interested

Kaz Dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a rhino 610. Have not used it. Is it good or not? Seems over kill?

I believe it is a very good unit as a GPS, that also comes along with a radio. If you ride with others with the same unit or a radio, you can be in contact with them, which can be handy. It they have a 610, you can "see" them on your unit - fun and practical at the same time.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a magellan 315, it works great and easy to use. No maps though PM me if your interested

not familiar with unit, does it have the puter interface cable? most of the newer gps have some way of downloading maps. although some definitely are a pain in the butt.

Top Bottom