Trail Tech GPS

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride with a couple different groups that use them. They communicate with Polaris seamlessly. If your running one a doo with shot, and no battery you will need to wire in a small battery pack for back up as the trail tech battery doesn’t provide much life, and doesn’t charge very quick. I purchase some through EBay, and the latest ones through Canadian Tire.

1678928799447.jpeg

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride with a couple different groups that use them. They communicate with Polaris seamlessly. If your running one a doo with shot, and no battery you will need to wire in a small battery pack for back up as the trail tech battery doesn’t provide much life, and doesn’t charge very quick. I purchase some through EBay, and the latest ones through Canadian Tire.

View attachment 266896
A bit off topic, but what did you do for a battery? I'm looking at putting a smaller battery in my g5 big screen up under the hood somewhere.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A bit off topic, but what did you do for a battery? I'm looking at putting a smaller battery in my g5 big screen up under the hood somewhere.

Do like the poos been doing for for the old PIDD gauge. Or mod the connectors on👇

Attachments

• A47903DF-5DAE-4A70-884D-E244D407C45B.jpeg
    A47903DF-5DAE-4A70-884D-E244D407C45B.jpeg
    132.7 KB · Views: 71

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do like the poos been doing for for the old PIDD gauge. Or mod the connectors on👇

That's exactly what I need. Thanks.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I have one on my alpha, i cut the factory connector off for 12v power and put on waterproof connectors also so i can plug in a battery over night to charge the gps. it works a heck of a lot better when it is fully charged vs trying to charge it with a running sled. takes 6-8 hours from depleted. I will never go without having a trailtech or 7s gauge again. Connects effortlessly with the groups on the 7s gauge, cannot send text messages, but mine just started randomly sending blank messages to the 7s gauges. instead of running the coolant temp sensor into the coolant i have mine in my cvt belt guard to give me an idea of belt temperatures. Cannot seem to get it to read RPM accurately. Even with 2.5 rounds of the sensor wire on the plug wire, its still way out to lunch. My up button is also worn out already, i use it because its easy to reach on mine and with gloves on i cycle through everything, but they're going to fix it for me when the seasons over.

Canadian tire is where i got mine. $1000 for a GPS gauge, is a heck of a lot cheaper then the manufacture gauges. Plus i can easily remove and install it on a different machine.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Canadian tire is where i got mine. $1000 for a GPS gauge, is a heck of a lot cheaper then the manufacture gauges. Plus i can easily remove and install it on a different machine.
To your point, the 7s gauge is about a $1400 upgrade when snowchecking a Polaris.

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am almost certainly going to get a Trail Tech after spending a weekend with 7S sleds deep in the trees. I want in on this Ridecommand train. LOL

Which is the kickass model and mount kit a fella needs?

phatboy2007

Reaction score

View attachment 266896
How did you go about attaching it? I want to put my GPS in that same spot but worried that the plastic cover will slide down and come off with the extra weight of the GPS.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How did you go about attaching it? I want to put my GPS in that same spot but worried that the plastic cover will slide down and come off with the extra weight of the GPS.

I drilled holes in the plastic, and used the mounting hardware that came with the unit. I’ve installed a couple on G5s and the plastic hasn’t popped off yet.

I‘m going to use 3M 2 way tape on the next one.

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Be sure that the doc and the gauge are kept tight. The buttons that connect the two halves will wear quickly. Take them apart also because they do get dirty .

Top Bottom