GOpro front sled mount?

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys just wondering how you are mounting your gopro's to the front of your sleds to look back at you.

pics would be nice

thanks
:beer:

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i pulled off my brp emblem on the hood.that is the only flat spot on the hood.I stuck on the higher m3 stickymount then i run the double swivel and shibang there ya go.

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use the handle bar mount clamped on my front bumper. I found that the quick release mounts let the camera vibrate too much.:beer:

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
okay good ideas but what are guys using that gets the camera say 1 to 1.5 ft high away from the sled??? I've seen vids where you can see the guy has some kind of bendable mount any idea what it is??

Raz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im sure Ram Mounts has something that would work. I'd get a couple of the longest arms-should get you high enough.

Xtremist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this isnt for a gopro, i built it for a contour hd.......wouldnt be hard tho to modify the camera mount part to make it work with a gopro, heres a link to what the video takin with it looks like if your interested.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLue1Nh1cYM[/media]

Attachments

• IMG_4658.jpg
    IMG_4658.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 1,220
  • IMG_4661.jpg
    IMG_4661.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 1,198
  • IMG_4665.jpg
    IMG_4665.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 1,201

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks pretty sweet,but isn't finda weird ridin with that arm in your face,would get snagged in the trees for sure.

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this isnt for a gopro, i built it for a contour hd.......wouldnt be hard tho to modify the camera mount part to make it work with a gopro, heres a link to what the video takin with it looks like if your interested.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLue1Nh1cYM[/media]

thanks really like the vid angle that its taken from. Most of the vids you watch the camera is fairly low and is usually getting covered with POW.

I do agree could be tough in the trees

keep them coming?

Jemeda11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nice video but no offence but i got tired of looking at yer face after the first minute. turn the cam around.lol again nice video

Xtremist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol no offence takin, yeah i did turn the cam around, also set it up on the rear bumper...........just didnt add any of that footage on that clip........its worked real good so far, as for the trees.....its sturdy enough that any twigs and smallish branches doesnt really affexct it, i havnt had a problem yet.

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ordered up one of these guys along with a uinversal mount for my contour .. im sure your go pro's universal mount would work just fine !

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the mounts look good the ones off of ebay at the bottom look really good

thanks

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In the first picture you can see the little black mount for the go pro.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEUIMX3p76w[/media]

Attachments

• IMG00104.jpg
    IMG00104.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 688
  • Chappell Creek3_0008.jpg
    Chappell Creek3_0008.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 688

afransen

Reaction score
Hey I know a Jared sessions! Love that quote. Anyway, I was wondering if I could use a 3/8 rod of fiberglass and attach it some how. That would give it a bit of flexibility when going through the trees. But at the same time need something that is easily removable.

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey I know a Jared sessions! Love that quote. Anyway, I was wondering if I could use a 3/8 rod of fiberglass and attach it some how. That would give it a bit of flexibility when going through the trees. But at the same time need something that is easily removable.

Probably easy to get your hands on fiberglass rod in your neck of the woods. Quick drive out to the dunes and you have a broken off flag rod in the matter of minutes. I bet it would work pretty good if you could get it to hold the camera somehow.

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been messing around. I took my handlebar mount and put it on my Costco shovel and zipped it into my backpack. I ran around the house and it's a neat angle. You would think all you would see it the back of your helmet but it looks really good.

Last edited:

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been messing around. I took my handlebar mount and put it on my Costco shovel and zipped it into my backpack. I ran around the house and it's a neat angle. You would think all you would see it the back of your helmet but it looks really good.

That's a good Idea, I know I've seen a few sledding videos from that angle on YouTube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351090624.394277.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351090661.334004.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351090704.112220.jpg

Here's what I did for my contour, just used a couple bolts and zip ties to the bumper to hold the pipe on and worked awesome. Even held up thu roll overs

Sent from a iPhone

Top Bottom