good news /bad news take it how you want it

IEATSRT

Reaction score
Not trying to be rude here but hopefully Skidoo gets there S$%t together and gets these sleds out soon! Then maybe you can dyno it and see. If I had snowchecked a new xm I'd be Pi$$%d that I was still waiting on it. Sure there isn't much snow in some areas, but we've been able to ride here for over a month now. I own a doo also so not into the brand bashing at all, I just don't see the point of hiding behind my keyboard fanning flames on issues that don't pertain whatsoever to myself. Let a few freinds (arctic cat guys) ride my pro and they both very impressed with the power. One had rode a 12 pro for quite a bit and said the 13 pulled much harder (on "Eth" setting not to mention). I have nothing to compare it to aside from my old 99 rmk. At any rate as we have heard nothing from the original poster this thread is quickly becoming suspect to alterior motives... I could be wrong.

Last edited:

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
are mfg horsepower ratings off the the track (ie rear wheel horsepower ) ?

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its hard not to jump in and comment after seeing all you guys pumped about 119 hp. Rather drink Doolaide than Poolaide. Lol. Sorry you walked right into that one...

I think most of us Polaris riders are just so exited that our cheap Chinese knock off bargain 119 HP sleds compete on an even level with the best BRP has to offer. You might want to check your fuel tank nipples?

mikermz250

Reaction score

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not trying to be rude here but hopefully Skidoo gets there S$%t together and gets these sleds out soon! Then maybe you can dyno it and see. If I had snowchecked a new xm I'd be Pi$$%d that I was still waiting on it. Sure there isn't much snow in some areas, but we've been able to ride here for over a month now. I own a doo also so not into the brand bashing at all, I just don't see the point of hiding behind my keyboard fanning flames on issues that don't pertain whatsoever to myself. Let a few freinds (arctic cat guys) ride my pro and they both very impressed with the power. One had rode a 12 pro for quite a bit and said the 13 pulled much harder (on "Eth" setting not to mention). I have nothing to compare it to aside from my old 99 rmk. At any rate as we have heard nothing from the original poster this thread is quickly becoming suspect to alterior motives... I could be wrong.
Good point bud. The consumer should not be waiting for a new sled in December, especially a mountain sled. Just for the record though, if Doo comes in 30 hp less than what they claim I will be pissed, not patting all my buddies on the back and high fiveing them.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where? For all I know I'm in the boob thread. Tapatalk tells me nothing.

Where is this boob thread you speak of?

Its hard not to jump in and comment after seeing all you guys pumped about 119 hp. Rather drink Doolaide than Poolaide. Lol. Sorry you walked right into that one...

Not sure who is pumped up about 119hp, would still like to hear more info on the conditions of the dyno test, and what mods they have put on the sled. I find it hard to believe they are getting those kind of gains out of a PA head, and HPS can (considering the can does nothing for HP).

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good point bud. The consumer should not be waiting for a new sled in December, especially a mountain sled. Just for the record though, if Doo comes in 30 hp less than what they claim I will be pissed, not patting all my buddies on the back and high fiveing them.

Ass smacks.

No proof, of any said numbers or time of dyno in said sleds life.

and to you sir, what are you doing here? (since you know maxwell)

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ass smacks.

No proof, of any said numbers or time of dyno in said sleds life.

and to you sir, what are you doing here? (since you know maxwell)

Maybe you need to direct that question to the original poster Mr. Bighorn and I would prefer if you kept your hands off my ass.

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe you need to direct that question to the original poster Mr. Bighorn and I would prefer if you kept your hands off my ass.

Simply commenting that you agree with the 119hp claimed output from who knows where (location, time on engine, dyno, etc) by saying you'd be pissed at a 30hp loss to your sled.

IMO, every sled will have 20+hp loss from crank to track. Take a car for example.. Subaru STI claims 300hp at the crank.. actual wheel hp 230. losses are near 1/4.

So in a sled claimed to be 150hp (I know I am comparing it to an AWD car, so I will go less than 1/4 losses) at 1/6 the losses that is 25 hp loss to the track.

If this is the same loss for a Ski-doo, Yamaha and Cat:

A 163hp engine, with assumed 1/6 losses. will have 27.16666>>> which puts you down to a track HP of 135HP.

The sad truth is that mechanical devices have terrible efficiencies

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Simply commenting that you agree with the 119hp claimed output from who knows where (location, time on engine, dyno, etc) by saying you'd be pissed at a 30hp loss to your sled.

IMO, every sled will have 20+hp loss from crank to track. Take a car for example.. Subaru STI claims 300hp at the crank.. actual wheel hp 230. losses are near 1/4.

So in a sled claimed to be 150hp (I know I am comparing it to an AWD car, so I will go less than 1/4 losses) at 1/6 the losses that is 25 hp loss to the track.

If this is the same loss for a Ski-doo, Yamaha and Cat:

A 163hp engine, with assumed 1/6 losses. will have 27.16666>>> which puts you down to a track HP of 135HP.

The sad truth is that mechanical devices have terrible efficiencies
DUDE if your making 119 to the ground I will buying a poo I'm betting your lucky very lucky to get 90 hp to the ground.

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
DUDE if your making 119 to the ground I will buying a poo I'm betting your lucky very lucky to get 90 hp to the ground.

In no way, shape or form did I say I was or will be... Your getting me mixed up with the creator of this thread

I don't even know what % losses are on a sled. I stated that if they are near an AWD car, they are terrible too and they quoted 150-163hp at the crank is all smoke in an ass similar to a 300 claimed HP car.

I think this was the whole idea behind the belt drive, because the losses on a sled are so bad to start, to try and get it down

Last edited:

chemmod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can see 120-130 hp before break in at edmonton elevation with the timing set for Ethanol fuel.

Saying that my Pro feels like its got great throttle response and will no doubt take hotshot on my 2012 Cat. And Poo will have the least amount of hp loss from the crank to track of any of the brands due to clutching and the final belt drive. A lot less rotating mass then a chain.

Think about it relative to bigger or smaller tires...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You know, i even started to give you some credit for trying to take the high road, a bit, but man, you just cant do it can u. Dive right in with the regular Doo weenies making dumm-a$$ usless comments on a part of the 4m you profess to not be a part of. I suggest we shut down the XM section cause none of the heroes that bought one wanna talk about that sled, they just wanna keep beaking away on the Poo section like the bunch of bed wetting weenies they actually must be. Now you said on an earlier post you thought i was a Doo hater and tryed to insinuate you were on this 4m for a positive reason. Bull$hit, nice try, the proof is in the puddin pal, put the "I am envious of the Pro " hat on and wear it proud buddy. Not sure if you twits are scared of getting whipped, scared you made the wrong decision, or just scared youre stuck with yesterday, but man, something has got you little net heroes spooked.
And you know what, youre in a group that is over here yapping about the Pro having 119 hp or whatever and then you go out in the hills and "SOMETIMES" you can best that Pro, usually only in one aspect.

Man, you guys should probably be friggen embarrassed, can u imagine what would happen if the Poo had 20 more HP than your Doo, christ you cant beat em now.

SnoPro, i aint defending Poo just pointing out you and a few others are making yourselves look like ridiculous immature twits.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kind of crazy that we are three years into the Pro 800 and Etec 800 engines and don't have dyno sheets for each from the same dyno, same motor mileage. Would end a lot of bickering.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You know, i even started to give you some credit for trying to take the high road, a bit, but man, you just cant do it can u. Dive right in with the regular Doo weenies making dumm-a$$ usless comments on a part of the 4m you profess to not be a part of. I suggest we shut down the XM section cause none of the heroes that bought one wanna talk about that sled, they just wanna keep beaking away on the Poo section like the bunch of bed wetting weenies they actually must be. Now you said on an earlier post you thought i was a Doo hater and tryed to insinuate you were on this 4m for a positive reason. Bull$hit, nice try, the proof is in the puddin pal, put the "I am envious of the Pro " hat on and wear it proud buddy. Not sure if you twits are scared of getting whipped, scared you made the wrong decision, or just scared youre stuck with yesterday, but man, something has got you little net heroes spooked.
And you know what, youre in a group that is over here yapping about the Pro having 119 hp or whatever and then you go out in the hills and "SOMETIMES" you can best that Pro, usually only in one aspect.

Man, you guys should probably be friggen embarrassed, can u imagine what would happen if the Poo had 20 more HP than your Doo, christ you cant beat em now.

SnoPro, i aint defending Poo just pointing out you and a few others are making yourselves look like ridiculous immature twits.

Honestly Lenny........and this is the truth. If you backed it down abit instead of going on your rants alot of this would probably go away. Your like a little dog that we get to do tricks for us. Quit trying to save Polaris and have some fun with the ribbing will yah? Nobody else on here is writing 10 page rebuttals on the Doo or Poo side.:beerchug:

PS....good one on the Doo thread. I found it quite funny.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Honestly Lenny........and this is the truth. If you backed it down abit instead of going on your rants alot of this would probably go away. Your like a little dog that we get to do tricks for us. Quit trying to save Polaris and have some fun with the ribbing will yah? Nobody else on here is writing 10 page rebuttals on the Doo or Poo side.:beerchug:

PS....good one on the Doo thread. I found it quite funny.

Agreed, I found that rant a little aggressive as well. I get tired of a lot of the Doo guys coming into the Pro forum and starting $hit as well, but Snopro and Maxwell are a couple guys who actually know their stuff and just take little jabs in threads that are already started. I don't mind their comments at all, and find them humourous I don't venture into the XM thread often, but I went searching for Lenny's post, and I thought it was pretty funny. I like how the Doo guys took it in stride, or do you think they actually thought he was sincere? :confused:

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah guys tend to take this stuff a little too serious. Doesn't matter if the new poo has 80hp..........if it works it works. Nothing wrong with looking at things objectively though. Same as weights. Man do guys get sensitive about that. Bottom line is what works on the hill. If the poo honestly has 119hp then they are obviously doing something right in regards to their drive system efficiency or something?

Another thing to keep in mind is honestly how many guys can ride these things to their potential? The new sleds now are pretty close. A good rider is going to take the "worst" sled and make an average rider look silly on the "best" one.

Top Bottom