Golf cart options

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The wife and I are looking for a golf car, but know nothing about them. Looks like they've gotten pretty fancy over the years. Anyways we're curious on what makes some better then others, and if we should be looking at electric or gas?

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a Tomberlin Emerg, love it. No canadian dealers anymore but would find it hard to replace with anything else hut we dont use it for golfing.

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depends what your using it for. And where. Mines a ezgo electric. You can actually chip it for more torque or more speed. Mines chipped for more speed as our course is fairly flat. 35 km is as fast as I got it going.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have electric and gas at the shop. Gas one was fun at the Jamboree. I used an electric one last year at a tournament it worked really good.

EZ-GO brand

BEL

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have 3 Yamaha and 1 Club Car, all are gas and we have never had a mechanical problem with any of them.

Advantages of electric - quiet, good for visiting while driving and usually have quicker acceleration. Disadvantages of electric - limited range, especially depending on battery age/condition and recharging time, plus you need access to power; but the big drawback for all the people I know that have them is shelling out $1,000 - $1,500 every few years for new batteries.

Top Bottom