Golden and area riding conditons for 2014-2015

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go to Quartz creek. Google it, they have a site with maps and instructions.

Silent pass is good but not many guys go there and the road up can be pretty serious if you don't have studded winter tires... I wouldn't go up there with a large heavy trailer... The trail up is single file through the trees and can be hairy for a newb.

google Golden snowmobile club

Jordan1924

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't be pulling a 30ft into silent pass. couple jack knifes and a roll over in the last few days on the FSR to silent

Reaction score
Headed up to Golden today going to be riding silent a few days . Are people still unloading at 46. That prettying right at then bridge . Haven't been able to drive up that far or can't ever remember if we did. Has anyone made it into silvermines or attempted it yet.

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any reports of how the snow is in Quartz or silent? Trying to decent to go to Golden or not this weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Quartz gets tracked out fast unless you can get into areas most can't.

Tow truck drivers must love that road up to silent pass.

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Headed up to Golden today going to be riding silent a few days . Are people still unloading at 46. That prettying right at then bridge . Haven't been able to drive up that far or can't ever remember if we did. Has anyone made it into silvermines or attempted it yet.

Trail into the Mines is broke in a cpl times now. Got up to 100HP hill on Sat. snowing too hard to see anything past that point. We were out a month ago and made it down to the next valley below the glacier, but snow level was too low to go down through the trees to the meadow. Still needs another meter or so, IMO....

RN

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode the rock pile (gorman) on sat and Tuesday. Both days where great. Sat we punched cirque in, lots of good snow then. Today we broke Quartz lake, well there was good snow till we got it ;)

conditions in lang, holts and the lake are brutal right now. Tracked out. You will need to go deep to find fresh. East Quartz had yet to be broke. I made a line up to the park boundary but that's it.

should note I have never seen so much trash laying around, pathetic really. Subway bags, visors, cigar butts, belts. And too boot and the dumbass lines pulled on some of the worst offender slopes for Avy. With all the wind loading and reversion temps right now, should tread lightly up there.

thecheyner

Reaction score
I'm hate to say I'm not surprised people are ignorant enough to leave garbage around gorman or the other popular areas.

GSR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Renters today said "dust on crust"! But it's at least snowing!!! Can't wait for Sunday nights dump to hit! Reset!

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were in Silent Pass yesterday and still found untouched snow which was nice as most of it was tracked for sure. Still great to get out with friends even on a low snow day.

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were there yesterday as well stayed in the back side was a little tough getting in in the fog and haze but all fresh and untouched at least until we got in

Top Bottom