GOLD medal,, first at home

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Canada has had a top notch freestyle team for many years and they hardly get noticed, I think they have medaled in every olympics in this sport.

Good job to all the freestyle skiers and BIG up to Alex Biodeau for bringing home the first Gold medal on Canadian turf... Theese guys are sick.

Last edited:

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is one of the best "feel-good" stories ever. How refreshing to see a young guy make national history, and be so humble about it. Hats off to Alex and his family, they all desrve it.

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
That is one of the best "feel-good" stories ever. How refreshing to see a young guy make national history, and be so humble about it. Hats off to Alex and his family, they all desrve it.

Ditto to that, and great to see the bond between Alex and his brother who's been at his side since they were kids. That was a great feel good story and couldn't of happened for a nicer guy!

Makes one very proud!

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Apperantley the austrailian dude that took silver is trying to say that the judges were skewed towards the canadian because of the crowd cheering and being on his home turf. What a poor loser.

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Apperantley the austrailian dude that took silver is trying to say that the judges were skewed towards the canadian because of the crowd cheering and being on his home turf. What a poor loser.
What a douchebag, he must hang out with Chad Reed. That guy was born in Canada, and learned how to ski here, why would you not ski for us. I ski raced till I was 16, and at the higher level things get very political....his daddy must not have "donated" enough money or old Dale could not get along with his coach......

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it's also a judged event so if he wants things to be more fair he can risk his life and race downhill, now those guys are friggin nuts. They do 140 kph on glare ice with an icecream bucket strapped to their heads and a spandex body suit, I raced DH as a teenager and it is RETARDED.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What a douchebag, he must hang out with Chad Reed. That guy was born in Canada, and learned how to ski here, why would you not ski for us. I ski raced till I was 16, and at the higher level things get very political....his daddy must not have "donated" enough money or old Dale could not get along with his coach......

Beggsmith (the silver medal winner) is a millionaire, he left the canadian team when he was 16 because he wanted to also pursue his internet bizz wich is a spyware addware company one of the early ones but the canadian gov would not allow this so he left for Australia, I doubt it was Begsmith himself say n theese things it was the Ausie's they also instructed him not to do interviews very gay.
another friend of mine who skied for Canada for 7 years did not qualify for the olympics last time in Torrino so in less then 2 weeks he was on the Australia team and finished 17th at the Torino games,, so Canada paid to train him for 7 years and he skis for Aus lol... just how it is

begsmith is good chit he is good buds with a few of mine and its a big political game,,, he was there for Gold and Gold only,, he one last time so you dont go to try and finish second either way he could of smiled but he never shows emotion....

the more disturbing part is all the quebecers complaining about not enough french stuff in the games,,, now thats emabarassing,, they are our own people from our country,,,

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Through the miracle of video technology, CTV was able to superimpose the two skiers runs over one another. Both were amazing runs, however in the end Beggs made two small errors, enough for the judges to give Canada the Gold. I think Beggs should be happier with the life and the Silver medal he has. Many, many people would trade places in a heart beat. Nothign worse than coming off as a spoiled brat.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was it Begsmith that made all the coments??? ^^^ I am not sure?

as for not smiling and looking a little pizzed,, he kinda always looks like that lol,, he shows no emotion it is his personality people have said this for years,, he barely smiled when he won gold last olymics and heres the vid

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqm_LWwxbDc[/media]

I just hate seeing sucessfull people get slammed for the wrong reasons,, his goal was a gold medal and he was a bit bummed that he missed it and so he should be he was there to win. now if he made the coments well then he deserves the slam n..

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I watched the special on Alex and his brother. I thought the whole story was awesome - Gold went to a very deserving individual!

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was it Begsmith that made all the coments??? ^^^ I am not sure?

as for not smiling and looking a little pizzed,, he kinda always looks like that lol,, he shows no emotion it is his personality people have said this for years,, he barely smiled when he won gold last olymics and heres the vid

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqm_LWwxbDc[/media]

I just hate seeing sucessfull people get slammed for the wrong reasons,, his goal was a gold medal and he was a bit bummed that he missed it and so he should be he was there to win. now if he made the coments well then he deserves the slam n..

well i havent watched him before but during the ceremonies he looked pretty pi$$ed off. wouldnt smile or show any emotion. the gold and bronze winners both were jolly not Begsmith.

Top Bottom