Gen 5 Side Vent Protector

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Ordered one of these side vent protectors from Proven Design Products.

https://provendesignproducts.com/product/ski-doo-gen-5-summit-freeride-2023-oem-vent-protector/

sideVent.jpg

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw that.
It will protect the mesh for sure, but given it only attaches to the vent itself, it probably won't do much to help the issue of the vent edge getting snagged on greenery and ripping off. A lot of guys are now using heavy tape or a piece of wrap over the seam.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Taping up your $30k turbo sled, priceless.

If you break a vent and ingest snow that pricey motor likely not covered under waranty. Carrying the tape might be cheap insurance. Or get a vent protector.

Brentk

Reaction score
I got my new one in but haven't installed it because the epoxy job i did works pretty good,, and I don't need to worry about smashing a fixed smashed one lol. So who's the first person to blow a belt on this new design? how many km's? or maybe no one has blown one yet.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well Martins is back ordered til April.... BUUUT I was able to get them at Riderz... They have 15 left... after I bought 4 lol, this isn't going away anytime soon....

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ordered the extreme vents waitinf to pop one before i install tho honestly dont seem much better but time shall tell

mxz800x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got my new one in but haven't installed it because the epoxy job i did works pretty good,, and I don't need to worry about smashing a fixed smashed one lol. So who's the first person to blow a belt on this new design? how many km's? or maybe no one has blown one yet.
Muskoka rider blew a belt. I think he only had 500 km. watch his latest video.

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
another thing too is the clutch vents get clogged with belt dust. saw norona point that out in a video so i looked at mine and sure enough, lots of dust clogging the screen and i've only got two days of riding so far.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
another thing too is the clutch vents get clogged with belt dust. saw norona point that out in a video so i looked at mine and sure enough, lots of dust clogging the screen and i've only got two days of riding so far.
Interesting, especially considering that it's supposed to be the intake. Would think the negative pressure would keep the vent clear.

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Interesting, especially considering that it's supposed to be the intake. Would think the negative pressure would keep the vent clear.
the top vents are the ones i'm referring to and i shoulda mentioned that as they're the exhaust. the ones that are getting ripped off are the intake vents.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the top vents are the ones i'm referring to and i shoulda mentioned that as they're the exhaust. the ones that are getting ripped off are the intake vents.
Ah that makes more sense.

Another maintenance item to add to the list none the less

Top Bottom